Childcare

Nandini Millar

Hello it's me again and thank you all already for your kind help opinions and advice. Me and my family are planning for fly to Brisbane in August 2019. I have 2 kids. Older girl is 6 years old and is in year 2 and my boy is 4 years old and is in nursery. I have read somewhere that childcare cost depends on our Visa status as well. We are on permanent residence visa. Could you please tell me what our situation would be and also do I need to get any documents from my girl's school saying she has been in year 2. Thank you again [emoji4]

9 hours ago, Nandini Millar said:

Hello it's me again and thank you all already for your kind help opinions and advice. Me and my family are planning for fly to Brisbane in August 2019. I have 2 kids. Older girl is 6 years old and is in year 2 and my boy is 4 years old and is in nursery. I have read somewhere that childcare cost depends on our Visa status as well. We are on permanent residence visa. Could you please tell me what our situation would be and also do I need to get any documents from my girl's school saying she has been in year 2. Thank you again emoji4.png

Won't make any difference what year your daughter had been in in UK, she's moving to a foreign country with a different (many different!) educating system/s. She will be placed with her age peers so the only thing of interest will be her birth date and most 6 year olds will be in yr 1 this year.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/child-care-subsidy  is a starting place for child care subsidy info.

• Like 1

Won't make any difference what year your daughter had been in in UK, she's moving to a foreign country with a different (many different!) educating system/s. She will be placed with her age peers so the only thing of interest will be her birth date and most 6 year olds will be in yr 1 this year.
 https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/child-care-subsidy  is a starting place for child care subsidy info.
Thank you so much