British Subject Visitor Visa

markntracey

Has anyone else applied to a visitor visa to come to Australia that was for a British Subject? My mum was born in Dublin but has lived in UK for 62 years. She has a british passport but it states that she is a British Subject not a Citizen. I've got her a subclass 600 visa but having a little wobble in case she arrives and gets sent straight back home.  I've called home affairs twice and they basically told me that i have to work it out myself. Both kind of implied it was probably the right one, but that they can't say for sure. On the application form i didn't see anything for British subject only Citizen or British overseas national.  I've filled out the application form as honest as i can including a copy of mums passport page and it was granted. 

Thank you

Tracey

My mother in law has visited us a few times - she was born in Limerick and spent most of her life in  UK.  She also had a British subject passport but after having some difficulty going to the US and some complication with a visa a few years ago, I seem to remember she actually got an Eire Passport - I can't recall which one she travelled her to Aus on though.  

Thanks Ali, she's arriving in 2 weeks so its too late to do that now.  We've been through the home affairs website again and pretty sure we've got the right one.  it took them over a month to grant it and they have a copy of her passport so i would hope if it was wrong they would have emailed.  Mum was just worried after watching a programme and someone being sent home from India upon arrival, now i'm panicing as i applied for her visa for her. Fingers Crossed

Thanks Again

Tracey