QLD 489 APPROVAL TIME

DevinMH

3 minutes ago, pasan0022 said:

What will be the next step? How much time normally it will take? 
If you don't mind, What's your situation and your timeline?

It is done from our end, now we have to wait for them to review documents and grant visa.

Nothing much to do unless they ask for some more documents or clarifications.

No worries, I received the nomination of 5th Feb, completed medical and submitted all docs by 5th March.

1 minute ago, DevinMH said:

It is done from our end, now we have to wait for them to review documents and grant visa.

Nothing much to do unless they ask for some more documents or clarifications.

No worries, I received the nomination of 5th Feb, completed medical and submitted all docs by 5th March.

Oh great. Lets wait. please let me know if you have any update.

Hope you are moving to Queensland, do you have any clue about, Accommodation, Driving license, Medical insurances?    

20 minutes ago, pasan0022 said:

Oh great. Lets wait. please let me know if you have any update.

Hope you are moving to Queensland, do you have any clue about, Accommodation, Driving license, Medical insurances?    

Sure, I will.

Yeah we are going to QLD too. I have a friend their, as per him we have to support ourselves for 3 4 months till we find a job.

You can get a room from a shared house for around 1200 per month, this includes electricity and water. For food, it will be 300 per month for a couple, 100 for internet, 200 for fuel.

Best way to travel is by car. You have to buy one asap, as it is required in some occupations also. A used car in good condition can be bought for around 5k to 7k, and there will be another 1k for registration and insurance. You can drive with you existing license.

So overall 16k - 18k is sufficient to settle down. There will be other expenses as well which we might not foresee and all these depend on your life style too.

By the way, are you applying from SL or abroad?

4 minutes ago, DevinMH said:

Sure, I will.

Yeah we are going to QLD too. I have a friend their, as per him we have to support ourselves for 3 4 months till we find a job.

You can get a room from a shared house for around 1200 per month, this includes electricity and water. For food, it will be 300 per month for a couple, 100 for internet, 200 for fuel.

Best way to travel is by car. You have to buy one asap, as it is required in some occupations also. A used car in good condition can be bought for around 5k to 7k, and there will be another 1k for registration and insurance. You can drive with you existing license.

So overall 16k - 18k is sufficient to settle down. There will be other expenses as well which we might not foresee and all these depend on your life style too.

By the way, are you applying from SL or abroad?

Im currently living in Qatar. But I used one agent from SL.  
Hey! Where are you from?

2 minutes ago, pasan0022 said:

Im currently living in Qatar. But I used one agent from SL.  
Hey! Where are you from?

I am in Dubai. 

One more thing, my friend told not expect same lifestyle we experience in gulf. He was working in Dubai too. He said everything is different in Queensland, at least in outskirts. There is no happening nightlife (they have those only in big cities) in placed we have to stay, all shops will be closed by evening and roads will literally empty by 6 7 pm. More greenery and everyone is in a very laidback mood. No big shopping malls an so on. 

He said, there were some guys who had gone back to middle-east cause they found it difficult to adjust. Even jobs are not competitive as here. 

3 minutes ago, DevinMH said:

I am in Dubai. 

One more thing, my friend told not expect same lifestyle we experience in gulf. He was working in Dubai too. He said everything is different in Queensland, at least in outskirts. There is no happening nightlife (they have those only in big cities) in placed we have to stay, all shops will be closed by evening and roads will literally empty by 6 7 pm. More greenery and everyone is in a very laidback mood. No big shopping malls an so on. 

He said, there were some guys who had gone back to middle-east cause they found it difficult to adjust. Even jobs are not competitive as here. 

Ya. I also heard that. But we should try to stay and work atleast 2 years and get 887 PR. Thereafter nothing to worry about. Did you heard about the new visa changers? Is there any effect to us?

8 minutes ago, pasan0022 said:

Ya. I also heard that. But we should try to stay and work atleast 2 years and get 887 PR. Thereafter nothing to worry about. Did you heard about the new visa changers? Is there any effect to us?

yeah  I read, nothing will happen to us, as we have already submitted.

But don't know if they will change 887 rules

• Thanks 1

On 15/04/2019 at 11:53, DevinMH said:

yeah  I read, nothing will happen to us, as we have already submitted.

But don't know if they will change 887 rules

Just  quick questions about 489 visa..

1.  489 is a regional visa. So can we live in any regional area in QLD or government appointing us to live in a specific post code?   
2. If government appointing a post code, do we need to work in same post code?
3. After they granted the visa, is there specific duration to move to Australia? 
4. Do they calculating 4 years from the date visa granted or after me moved to Australia?  

1 minute ago, pasan0022 said:

Just  quick questions about 489 visa..

1.  489 is a regional visa. So can we live in any regional area in QLD or government appointing us to live in a specific post code?   As far as I know you can stay in any region in QLD except for Brisbane, Gold Coast, and other region specifically mentioned in BSMQ.  
2. If government appointing a post code, do we need to work in same post code? You have to work and live in a regions eligible for 489.
3. After they granted the visa, is there specific duration to move to Australia? You have to move with in 6 months.
4. Do they calculating 4 years from the date visa granted or after me moved to Australia?  It should be from day you entered the country.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pasan0022 said:

How to find a good post code for living? and what are those?

Any tips about accommodation in 
regional areas

Hi,

Try to do some research in internet. I think Sunshine Coast area is good.

Accommodation will be harder to find as we would be freshers to the area. So shared accommodation will be the solution. There are plenty of those.