and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

DevinMH

QLD 489 APPROVAL TIME

Hi, 

I am new to the forum.

I lodged my EOI on 2nd December 2018 and received the invitation form BSMQ to apply on 19th December 2018. I submitted all required documents by 27th December 2018 and did the payment for application for which I received the payment invoice. Till today, I didn't receive any feedback from BSMQ. Now I am getting nervous as my friends, who have applied earlier, have received State Nomination in 3-4 days?

Can some one please advice me on the reason for this delay? and How does BSMQ inform you if there are any problems with the 489 application. 

Hi Devin

I'm not an expert but i think your time is still fine so dont worry. I did apply on 31 Oct and  did received my invitation on the 21st of Nov.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wadho said:

Hi Devin

I'm not an expert but i think your time is still fine so dont worry. I did apply on 31 Oct and  did received my invitation on the 21st of Nov.

Hope this helps.

Hi Wadho,

Did you receive the nomination? 

Hi Devin,

Yes i did receive the nomination on the 21st of November and have already lodged the visa application on the 30th of November and now patiently waiting.

Hi All, 

Finally, good news has arrived. I received the Nomination yesterday...

Hey!

I done my skill assessment  under Quantity Surveyor profession and I reached 65 points including the provisional( 489-10 points). I received invitation from QLD to submit the EOI documents in 11th Jan, 2019 and asked me to submit within 2 weeks. Anyhow I submitted on 22nd Jan, 2019.

I still not received any reply from them. normally, How much time it will take? and what is the next step? 

Hi Pasan,

Hope you are doing well. I deduce you are a Sri Lankan.

Don't worry it will come soon. It took 5 weeks for me. 

Since you have already received the invitation, nothing to worry about. They removed QS from QLD SOL on 01/02/19. You are very lucky.

Don't worry, you will get the nomination soon.  

On 06/02/2019 at 11:42, DevinMH said:

Hi Pasan,

Hope you are doing well. I deduce you are a Sri Lankan.

Don't worry it will come soon. It took 5 weeks for me. 

Since you have already received the invitation, nothing to worry about. They removed QS from QLD SOL on 01/02/19. You are very lucky.

Don't worry, you will get the nomination soon.  

Hello Devin,

Could you advise me on 489 for QS? How many years of experience you have and shown on skilled assessment through AIQS? I have overall experience of 6 years but in the skilled assessment they showed only 4 years. 

On 06/02/2019 at 10:45, pasan0022 said:

Hey!

I done my skill assessment  under Quantity Surveyor profession and I reached 65 points including the provisional( 489-10 points). I received invitation from QLD to submit the EOI documents in 11th Jan, 2019 and asked me to submit within 2 weeks. Anyhow I submitted on 22nd Jan, 2019.

I still not received any reply from them. normally, How much time it will take? and what is the next step? 

Hello Passan,

Could you advise me on 489 for QS? How many years of experience you have and shown on skilled assessment through AIQS? I have overall experience of 6 years but in the skilled assessment they showed only 4 years. 

Hi Kumara,

It depends on how you interpret total experience. AIQS will only consider your experience gained after completion of the degree. Internships do not count as well. 

11 minutes ago, DevinMH said:

Hi Kumara,

It depends on how you interpret total experience. AIQS will only consider your experience gained after completion of the degree. Internships do not count as well. 

Hi Devin,

I have a post graduate experience of 6 years but they counted only 4 years in their assessment but I used 5 years to get 65 points to submit my EOI. Do you think that they will purely depend on AIQS assessment or my actual years of experience to process my nomination. 

Thank you man. 

2 minutes ago, Kumara said:

Hi Devin,

I have a post graduate experience of 6 years but they counted only 4 years in their assessment but I used 5 years to get 65 points to submit my EOI. Do you think that they will purely depend on AIQS assessment or my actual years of experience to process my nomination. 

Thank you man. 

Can't say anything without looking at you Skill Assessment. You could have asked AIQS why they considered only 4 years. They are friendly people, and normally explains everything. Experience will matter at the visa stage. Better get your experience sorted with AIQS and submit a new EOI