QLD 489 APPROVAL TIME

DevinMH

Hi, 

I am new to the forum.

I lodged my EOI on 2nd December 2018 and received the invitation form BSMQ to apply on 19th December 2018. I submitted all required documents by 27th December 2018 and did the payment for application for which I received the payment invoice. Till today, I didn't receive any feedback from BSMQ. Now I am getting nervous as my friends, who have applied earlier, have received State Nomination in 3-4 days?

Can some one please advice me on the reason for this delay? and How does BSMQ inform you if there are any problems with the 489 application. 

Hey!

I done my skill assessment  under Quantity Surveyor profession and I reached 65 points including the provisional( 489-10 points). I received invitation from QLD to submit the EOI documents in 11th Jan, 2019 and asked me to submit within 2 weeks. Anyhow I submitted on 22nd Jan, 2019.

I still not received any reply from them. normally, How much time it will take? and what is the next step? 

Hi Pasan,

Hope you are doing well. I deduce you are a Sri Lankan.

Don't worry it will come soon. It took 5 weeks for me. 

Since you have already received the invitation, nothing to worry about. They removed QS from QLD SOL on 01/02/19. You are very lucky.

Don't worry, you will get the nomination soon.  

On 06/02/2019 at 11:42, DevinMH said:

Hi Pasan,

Hope you are doing well. I deduce you are a Sri Lankan.

Don't worry it will come soon. It took 5 weeks for me. 

Since you have already received the invitation, nothing to worry about. They removed QS from QLD SOL on 01/02/19. You are very lucky.

Don't worry, you will get the nomination soon.  

Hello Devin,

Could you advise me on 489 for QS? How many years of experience you have and shown on skilled assessment through AIQS? I have overall experience of 6 years but in the skilled assessment they showed only 4 years. 

On 06/02/2019 at 10:45, pasan0022 said:

Hey!

I done my skill assessment  under Quantity Surveyor profession and I reached 65 points including the provisional( 489-10 points). I received invitation from QLD to submit the EOI documents in 11th Jan, 2019 and asked me to submit within 2 weeks. Anyhow I submitted on 22nd Jan, 2019.

I still not received any reply from them. normally, How much time it will take? and what is the next step? 

Hello Passan,

Could you advise me on 489 for QS? How many years of experience you have and shown on skilled assessment through AIQS? I have overall experience of 6 years but in the skilled assessment they showed only 4 years. 

11 minutes ago, DevinMH said:

Hi Kumara,

It depends on how you interpret total experience. AIQS will only consider your experience gained after completion of the degree. Internships do not count as well. 

Hi Devin,

I have a post graduate experience of 6 years but they counted only 4 years in their assessment but I used 5 years to get 65 points to submit my EOI. Do you think that they will purely depend on AIQS assessment or my actual years of experience to process my nomination. 

Thank you man. 

2 minutes ago, Kumara said:

Hi Devin,

I have a post graduate experience of 6 years but they counted only 4 years in their assessment but I used 5 years to get 65 points to submit my EOI. Do you think that they will purely depend on AIQS assessment or my actual years of experience to process my nomination. 

Thank you man. 

Can't say anything without looking at you Skill Assessment. You could have asked AIQS why they considered only 4 years. They are friendly people, and normally explains everything. Experience will matter at the visa stage. Better get your experience sorted with AIQS and submit a new EOI

On 12/02/2019 at 10:39, DevinMH said:

Hi Kumara,

It depends on how you interpret total experience. AIQS will only consider your experience gained after completion of the degree. Internships do not count as well. 

Hi Devin,

Could you advise which region in QLD you applied for and if you have any template for commitment statement and statement of services. 

On 12/02/2019 at 11:06, DevinMH said:

Can't say anything without looking at you Skill Assessment. You could have asked AIQS why they considered only 4 years. They are friendly people, and normally explains everything. Experience will matter at the visa stage. Better get your experience sorted with AIQS and submit a new EOI

Hi Devin,

Could you advise which region in QLD you applied for and if you have any template for commitment statement and statement of services. 

On 20/02/2019 at 10:07, Kumara said:

Hi Devin,

You can apply anywhere outside. Brisbane and Gold Coast. Places like Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba will be great. Statement of service means your work experience, you can use the same documents you used for Skill Assessment. With regards to commitment statement, it can be a letter you are writting to BSMQ. Include the area you plan to settle in (with post code). Then give personal reasons why you selected given area (no need to be formal, give casual details. eg - beaches, weather, local attractions, local events). Then explain what you going to do after settling (things like, raising a family, finding a job, leisure activities and etc). Their main concern is your preparedness to settle in the area. So they expect you to research the area properly, and have a idea about neighborhoods, employment opportunities, culture of the area. Go through the BSMQ website it has lots of details about these thing. And once again there is no standard format for commitment statement. 

2 minutes ago, DevinMH said:

You can apply anywhere outside. Brisbane and Gold Coast. Places like Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba will be great. Statement of service means your work experience, you can use the same documents you used for Skill Assessment. With regards to commitment statement, it can be a letter you are writting to BSMQ. Include the area you plan to settle in (with post code). Then give personal reasons why you selected given area (no need to be formal, give casual details. eg - beaches, weather, local attractions, local events). Then explain what you going to do after settling (things like, raising a family, finding a job, leisure activities and etc). Their main concern is your preparedness to settle in the area. So they expect you to research the area properly, and have a idea about neighborhoods, employment opportunities, culture of the area. Go through the BSMQ website it has lots of details about these thing. And once again there is no standard format for commitment statement. 

Hi Devin,

Thanks a lot for your time and guide. 

Really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, DevinMH said:

how many chances did they give you earlier?

Oh... this is your second chance then. don't get it wrong. Give only things they ask for. keep it a good length. Not too short or not too long. Cover those things they ask for and keep it simple.

1 minute ago, DevinMH said:

Oh... this is your second chance then. don't get it wrong. Give only things they ask for. keep it a good length. Not too short or not too long. Cover those things they ask for and keep it simple.

Yeah man.

Let me fix and re upload it. Hope everything will be ok. 

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, pasan0022 said:

Hey guys! how's all going?

I submit the visa application on feb 21st and finish the medical test as well. So what will be the next step? How long it will take?

Hi Pasan,

Did you submit everything?