Vetassess skills assesment for welders

brucey646

Hi there im a welder and iv started my vetassess skills assesment. Iv done stage 1 two weeks ago, iv not really heard anything only just a receipt for payment through the post. Im wondering if anyone has done this assesment before and can shed some light on how long normally before you hear back from them and what stage 2 consists of? Thanks

Stage 2 is supplying evidence such as 

college certificates 

payslips/ bank statements or tax summary. (1 payslip per quarter is usually sufficient) 

references from customers or colleagues. 

Photos of work - you in photo wearing ppe 

anything that proves you have been a welder for as long as you say you have. 

college certificates 
payslips/ bank statements or tax summary. (1 payslip per quarter is usually sufficient) 

Iv already done all that. That was in stage 1. I had to scan and send off all my apprenticeship certs etc

Stage 1 is a self assessment - a daft tick box thing online. Suppose it doesn’t really count though.

Stage 2 is all your certs and experience. 

Stage 3 is someone asking about what you supplied to make sure your not full of bull or borrowed your mates photos. Just a chit chat between two welders. 

On 22/01/2019 at 15:50, brucey646 said:
On 22/01/2019 at 15:36, Jsmull87 said:
college certificates 

Iv already done all that. That was in stage 1. I had to scan and send off all my apprenticeship certs etc

Hi Brucey I started my assessment for metal fabricator around the 10th of September last year. I submitted all my evidence and got first contact around the start of November asking for more evidence on my earnings. I was a little annoyed as I rang and asked how many P60s they needed and I was told to send a few over the 20yrs I have been working. I was contacted as they wanted the last 6 x P60s.

I was then contacted again a few weeks after that as I hadn't left my references contact email address and phone number, then finally at the start of December I got passed off for stage 1.

I paid for stage 2 straight away which was around the 7th December then didn't hear anything until 16th Jan this year which gave me an interview date of 7th Feb.

So 2 weeks tomorrow I finally have my stage 2 interview.

This is a great insight thanks for the reply. Iv sent them the last 4 years p60s so il probably have to get some more then. It sounds like a long process. Im going over to oz in may on a working holiday visa just to see what its like first rather than spending thousands on a 189 visa without knowing what its like over there first. I was hoping to have this done by then so it could help me get work but its like unlikey then.

Yer it might just work out in time but if it is a bit later it doesnt matter i can hang on until it does im not particularly in a rush iv just sort of looked at going start of may. I live in lincolshire near Scunthorpe. Im looking at starting in brisbane but im going to do a bit of travelling round first to see where i like and where has the best work opportunities

Sounds good

I did get an email of vetassess at the start of Jan saying that rules are changing and if you don't pay for stage 2 within a couple of months then they close your account.

If you didn't get your interview done before you go your probably best trying to do your stage 2 in aus if you can, otherwise you will have to do stage 1 again.