Bridging visa b

Lbere

Hi all

we applied for our ENS subclass 186 9th October 2018. Family of 3 from UK. 

We have holiday to UK booked for August 2019 (time running out for my Grandparents, want them to meet my son) and wondered if anyone else has applied for a bridging visa b in order to travel while awaiting the decision. Anything we need to do or is it a fairly easy process? 

Also, we’ve not yet done any medicals or police checks as our agent didn’t even mention it, should we have? Or do you typically wait to be asked by IMMI?

thanks 😊

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

we done our bridging visa B when waiting for our 187 visa 2 years ago. The bridging visa was easy - only a few questions and can be done via immi account. The bridging visa came through for us within a day. so i would leave the bridging visa b until about 2 weeks before your trip just in case your 186 gets approved before you go.

As or medical and police checks for your current application:

- we done our police checks before we were asked for them (i wanted all documents uploaded so the case officer wouldn't have to ask for them and delaying the process) We got our UK police checks sent to our parents address in the UK and got them to scan a coloured copy to us. So we could automatically attach it to out PR application. Parents then posted the original out to us. Post from the UK can take several weeks which is why we got them sent to parents house, then for them to post out once we had the scanned copy.

- medicals (i wanted to do these and get them uploaded to our application at the start too,but you can't do this. For the medicals you need to wait until they ask you for them as they email you a letter with a unique bar code which you have to take to your medical. You will only receive this letter when they request you to have the medical completed. We are in Darwin with only one clinic that done the visa medicals so we had to wait 2 weeks for our medical appointment with the clinic, so i would suggest as soon as you get the medical request to call your clinic and get booked in for it in case there's a couple of weeks before an appointment is available.

Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, Lbere said:

Hi, we’re on a 457 work sponsorship.

when you say best to wait until it’s requested, so do they sometimes not request the checks?

thanks

They will always want the checks done, but the checks only have a "life" of 12 months. So if you do them too early then they may expire and you would have to do them again.