Jobs

Steve deighton

12 hours ago, Steve deighton said:

Hi we have just moved to Adelaide been here 3 days emoji106.png I already have work but

My wife and kids don't my wife is a teaching assistant and we are concerned that the term will start soon and she won't find anything .if anybody knows of any jobs that would be good

Bit of a long shot don't you think Steve? I'd recommend looking at jobs in your local area in papers online and starting from there. Your wife can send her resume to local schools, TA experience is transferable however TAs tend to have a cert 3 or 4 over here. You are right it will be difficult to find work in a school at this late notice and the fact that schools are on holidays won't help. In the first instance I'd settle the children in, sort their schools, try and work out where you'd like to live long term, sort out all the paperwork - banks, centrelink, medicare, health insurance etc and try not and get everything done in the first week! It takes time and a few weeks to receive all the documents that you'll need via the post.

Congratulations on your move over, it's a big deal and I bet you are still stressed about getting everything done. I know I was!

We've been over just over three years now. We both work in a local school (we are WA based). I sent resumes into local schools and had a bit of luck. I went in start of November and schools were planning their final teaching lists for the following year so I was lucky in that regard. I'm also a teacher so a little different to planning for TAs or EAs as they are known here. You find out more information on the school gate than you will on here concerning local jobs and other things of interest. We've met friends through kids sport and the like, there is a sense of who you know as a opposed to what you know so get networking!