Planning to apply for 190/ Chef/ 70 points

Vinovino

Hey guys! I've got a month left on my skills assessment and I'm planning to apply for a 190 visa. What would be the best state to apply for as a chef?

And since my skills assessment finishes at the end of Jan and my visa will expire in June, will thee realistically be enough time for my application to go through and get on a bridging visa? Or do I have to go back home and then come back once my stuff has been processed? 

Cheers all, thanks!

5 hours ago, Vinovino said:

Hey guys! I've got a month left on my skills assessment and I'm planning to apply for a 190 visa. What would be the best state to apply for as a chef?

It will really depend on your specific situation. Most States will will give priority if you have been living and working in the State already or have a job offer.

5 hours ago, Vinovino said:

And since my skills assessment finishes at the end of Jan and my visa will expire in June, will thee realistically be enough time for my application to go through and get on a bridging visa? Or do I have to go back home and then come back once my stuff has been processed? 

Again, it will depend on  your specific situation and how quickly you are able to secure sponsorship by a State or Territory Government.

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

It will really depend on your specific situation. Most States will will give priority if you have been living and working in the State already or have a job offer.

Again, it will depend on  your specific situation and how quickly you are able to secure sponsorship by a State or Territory Government.

I've been living and working in Sydney for 3 years and I currently have a job as a chef at an upscale one hat restaurant. 

My question is, assuming I were to submit and EOI and get picked by a state, what will be the processing time from that point on? At what point do I go on a bridging visa?