crown removals ''excellent''

calNgary

Guest forshac

Hey Cal, it's Forshac here...

You finally made it across the big pond! Seems such a long time ago that we were non stop reading the posts to support our tra apps etc...

I hope life is good and that you are settleing in your new home and surroundings. :D

hiya ,yep we finally made over the ocean in one piece ,not regretting a thing yet and luckily we havnt had too many hot days so its been good to settle ,we have just rented for afew month until we buy ,we had another look round Brisbane and still settled in Jimboomba ,south east Brisbane,its got abit of everything and nothings too far away.How are you finding everything ?i see Poeblo alot they too are doing well ,its weird meeting someone on-line in the uk and in person over here, we are now pommy mates! stay in touch

take care

Cal x

hiya ,i had a shared container as didnt bring any furniture mainly household goods and hubbys tools,the price youve got does sound about right thou,cant quite remeber exact figure i think it was about 800 gbp,we had 19 large boxex,hope this helps ,,remember beds etc are different sizes so you may struggle when replacing matteress,,take care

Cal x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest McCanns

Hi Cal and Gary,

we have just got our visas and planning to come to Brisbane in August. The removals company that you used; where they Crown Worldwide ltd with offices all over the world?

We are just about to get quotes from companies for moving and really don't know who to go with, as there are so many.

How long did it take for you stuff to arrive?

Is there a difference in bed sizes out there? some of the messeges say there is a difference.

Hope life in Oz is all you hoped it would be. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neal

Hiya yes it was crown worldwide i too had a lined up afew companys but these impressed me so much i cancelled the other appointments.We used the Leeds office we got everything on time and in tact.

Bed sizes are slightly different (inches) and most houses have fitted or walk in wardrobes hence we brought no furniture as such.

Cal x

Guest dwaldron

I had them around yesterday for a quote and I have to say they seem a very professional outfit. In response to an internet query Roy Trevor just sent an email saying that I needed a full container but Crown came out, measured everything and have said that there is no way that I need a full container, so I'm looking forward to saving a bit of money which I will spend on a campervan trip while my worldly goods make their way across the seas.

• 1 month later...
Guest theturnerclan
Hiya yes it was crown worldwide i too had a lined up afew companys but these impressed me so much i cancelled the other appointments.We used the Leeds office we got everything on time and in tact.

Bed sizes are slightly different (inches) and most houses have fitted or walk in wardrobes hence we brought no furniture as such.

Cal x

Hi Cal,

Just really after some info on Crown. We are from Leeds and are looking to be out on the Gold Coast before September (visa permitting - everythings crossed hoping it is) anyway back to the question...

How soon did you arrange for Crown to come round. Our house isn't on the market yet did you wait until you'd sold? We've 3 children under 8 and trying to keep everything tidy is a nightmare... did Crown pack for you or can the provide you with some boxex to pack in advance...i.e... to pack all the kids toys prior to putting the house on the market??

any advice greatfully received,

shelley

Hiya Crown came with their boxes and packed evrything i wanted to send ,they were really nice guys and worked quickly ,they label all the boxes for custome ,(less chance of it being unpacked if they pack it ) As i wasnt sending any major things we sent the stuff in early September and it arrived here at my door late November,the guys will also unpack for you if you want and take the boxes away ,but if you want to get a couple of bucks back ,unpack yourself and sell the boxes they fetch a few quid im told.hope this helps

Cal x

Guest theturnerclan

cheers,

i might give them a ring and see if I can purchase boxes in advance in an attempt to clear the kids rooms....

Hi,

Here is crown's website as we have had a quote and are going to use them we were quoted about £3695 for a 20" container

http://www.crownrelo.com

They involve the children and give the children a box each in the shape of a removal van so they can pack there own little treasures and they leave them these when they call to do the quote, they also gave our kids a small gift each, my little girl got a crown teddy and boy got a crown rugby ball. My friends son lost my sons rugby ball and he was devastated but when i rang crown and explained they sent him another in the post free of charge, very nice of them. Looking forward to using them, we got a quote before we have our visa so we can budget so just waiting on visa then we can ring them and say go go go lol.

Lynne :jiggy:

Archived