457 Visa Transfer

Hi

Not wanting to go into too much detail here but could someone advise on the process for transferring a 457 to another employer?

My company are looking to recruit someone who is currently on a 457, less than a year into a four year visa. Do we go through the process as though we were bringing someone new into the country? Ie go through the nomination process and then if approved apply to have this persons visa transferred to us?

Also while the process is ongoing would their current employer know this process was ongoing? Very important that they don’t for obvious reasons

Also how would any possible transfer affect them going for pr?

Thanks

My husband transferred his 457 after 18months on a 4 year 457 visa.  

No, their current employer will not know the process is going on. 

I recommend you speak with a Migration agent though as the new employer is required to already have an existing (and valid) approved 457 Business Sponsorship or lodge a new one to become an approved 457 Business Sponsor.

The rules change constantly regarding applying for PR ( we just got it 😁) He had to work for the new employer for 2 years, then he could apply for PR which took another 10 months to be processed. 

Edited by samlab