PMV Question

HK01

Hi everyone - hoping for some advice please. 

Ive been granted the PMV which expires on 31 August 2019. We are getting married in February in Australia. 

We will be having a religious ceremony in the UK in April. 

I wanted to understand how quickly after getting married I must lodge the 801/820? Can I wait until after the ceremony in April? Or should it be lodged as soon as the civil ceremony has taken place in Australia?

Sorry I’m just a little confused - thank you 

Thanks @paulhand sorry it should’ve said 31 May 2019! 

Ill have a month to lodge after my religious ceremony but will ensure all paperwork is ready to be uploaded to ensure it’s not too tight. 

I dont want to lodge before then as I’m not sure if there’s restrictions on flying out the country once the 801/820 is lodged. 

I think I lodged my 820 a week or so before my PMV expired. So you should be fine 🙂 Just make sure you apply for your marriage certificate straight after your civil wedding as it can take a while to process, and it is one of the essential pieces of evidence to provide for a 820. And yes there are travel restrictions in the period between when you apply for the 820 and when it is granted, though you can apply for a bridging visa B to waive them off (I think it's straightforward but yes, it's another admin task to get through!)

Good luck!