How long before you have to enter Australia once visa granted?

markelanduk

Hi all,

I'll be going for the 309 visa very shortly. Can you please tell me how long you have to enter Australia once your visa has been granted? If you miss that deadline, I assume that you have to go through certain processes again.

I presume that the deadline that they provide is virtually the same for most Australia visas.

Many thanks!

They usually give you 12 months from the date of the earlier of your Medical and police checks.  If you miss the date the visa is cancelled completely and you lose your money and time, so not advisable.  It is also not possible to extend the deadline, so you may as many do need to take a validation flight;  you can literally enter and come back the same day if you need to.

Lots of people do a quick visit for the validation and then move later on one they have sold their house etc.

Edited by Jon the Hat

• 2 weeks later...

I too was wondering the same question. I see Jon the Hat stated 12 months from the earlier of the medical or police checks but what if it takes longer than 12 months to hear as we are in Canada and the current processing time states it is 13-16 months.

Anyone who has information it would be appreciated!

Jo