One week to go until the pack up starts!

mrsr1976

Ok so the shippers come a week today and I have few questions if anyone can help?!

I plan to take our washing machine and tumble drier. How clean do both have to be? I have taken out the detergent tray and there's quite a lot of build up behind it... Should I just clean off the excess or will they really check this? Also the tumble drier... I can hoover the fluff compartment but how clean do they want it to be?

Also shoes, what are people's experience of shoes and cleaning them?

Thanks [emoji106]

Washer - clean all visible detergent. Empty ALL water. You will be surprised how much can remain in pump. We kept tipping ours up till it ran dry and left it unused for a while to dry off. Also secure the drum with the travel bolts it came with as it can get damaged otherwise.

Dryer same thing get all water out. Water in the container will cause mould to form.

Shoes, put them all in one box and label so if they want to check it will be easy. Clean well including soles. Just soap and water will do to remove visible dirt.   I scrubbed our walking boot soles with a nailbrush because of the deep tread. 

Some people use Jayes fluid but I hate the smell and didn’t want everything to smell of it!  It won’t stop them checking visually anyway.