Currency transfer from sale of uk property

Loveithere

Having just sold uk property after being here for 2 years I shall be wanting to transfer a few hundred thousand £ to here. Has anyone

any advice of the best way to do this please?  I can just use my uk bank but a poor exchange rate from them can make a huge difference to what I end up with.   I’m also concerned with security it using another carrier. 

Guest The Pom Queen

We were the same when we moved our house money over and that was probably 15 years ago now. We had so many positive recommendations for Moneycorp so we went ahead with them and they were fantastic. We got a lot better exchange rate.

I have never seen my negative reviews about Moneycorp in 20 plus years. They have a special for Pomsinoz members where they won’t charge a fee to transfer your money. Have a chat with @John from Moneycorp If you find a better rate elsewhere they will also match it. They don’t charge to open an account so it is definitely worth while signing up for when you are ready.  https://m.moneycorp.com/PomsInOZ

On 16/10/2018 at 18:42, Loveithere said:

Having just sold uk property after being here for 2 years I shall be wanting to transfer a few hundred thousand £ to here. Has anyone

any advice of the best way to do this please?  I can just use my uk bank but a poor exchange rate from them can make a huge difference to what I end up with.   I’m also concerned with security it using another carrier. 

You have lodged a Non Resident CGT return with HM Revenue?

Just checking!

Best regards.

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hello @Loveithere

I am pleased to say we are able to help you with your transfer with your international transfer. With rates up to 4% better than the banks, we can ensure you get great value for your money. As a Poms In Oz member, you will not be charged a fee for using our services.

In terms of security, Moneycorp is regulated and authorized by the FCA and your funds will be safeguarded in segregated accounts.

After you open an account you will be given your own personal Foreign Exchange Dealer who will give you guidance around the market and will be able to execute your transfer.

To get started, you can register for free using this link  https://m.moneycorp.com/PomsInOZ.

Regards,

John