Do I need to apply for a Childs Visa 101 separately to my husbands Visa 309/100?

mia.oh.my

Hello,

We're applying for my husband's Partnership Visa 309/100 from London, UK. I am the Sponsor. We have two young children who we have included in this application. According to the documents required for Dependents Under 18  (on the Home Affairs website for the Partnership Visa), it just asks for Form 1229 - which my husband and I will both complete and sign. Plus ID documents for the children and police check certificate of the Sponsor (me, but will include my husbands too)

Is this all we need to do for the children, or do we need to apply for Child Visa 101 instead / as well as? On my IMMI account, I don't seem to have the option of sponsoring a child - it just gives me the options of Partner Sponsorship. 

Any advice greatly appreciated! Not sure I can face long hold times on the phone to the Australian embassy at 4am GMT or whenever it is their Australian visa office is open!

Thank you.

Thank you for the response rammygirl. I'm an Australian Citizen by Descent. Sorry - should have mentioned that in my original post. But my kids aren't eligible for the same citizenship status as I've never lived in Australia - just visited.  

Yes, they have been included as applicants on my husbands Partnership Visa. I was just panicking in case I should be doing their Child Visa 101 as well as!