Entering Australia on a different visa

amandahughes

Hi all,

I am sure this has been addressed before but I was wondering what the rules are around entering Australia on a working holiday visa after an application for the 309 visa has been submitted?

With processing times as long as they are quoted to be on the immigration website, I will need to enter Australia with my partner in June next year but will be ready to submit my 309 application at the end of this month.

Would the working holiday visa automatically cancel the 309 application?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, amandahughes said:

Hi all,

I am sure this has been addressed before but I was wondering what the rules are around entering Australia on a working holiday visa after an application for the 309 visa has been submitted?

With processing times as long as they are quoted to be on the immigration website, I will need to enter Australia with my partner in June next year but will be ready to submit my 309 application at the end of this month.

Would the working holiday visa automatically cancel the 309 application?

Thanks! 

No. One visa does not cancel the other until granted. 

So If you gO on the WHV, having applied for the 309, when the 309 is granted it will cancel the WHV.