Police Check from Vietnam - any advice?

Backtoback

I have not yet submitted my documents for my 100 as we are still in Vietnam, where we have been volunteering. 

They have requested a police check from all countries I have lived in for 12 months - and here its tricky. We arrived on October 10th last year, and leave tomorrow for Thailand.........its a grey area if it counts as 12 months? we have left and returned so cumulatively its not 365 days.

Also, as we leave for Thailand, and we only have 28 days to produce all documents, its highly unlikely I can get the police check as it takes around 21 days, and I need to go in and sign documents to start the process.

Am I stressing over nothing? Can anyone give me any guidance please, as I don't want to contact them if I don't have to....

If you haven't spend a cummulative 12 months in Vietnam, you shouldn't need a police check although it's possible your case officer may still request one.  If they do, you have 28 days to provide evidence of complying with the request which could include uploading a copy of the receipt/acknowledgement that you have applied for the police check (so not necessary to have the police check itself within 28 days).