Expecting baby- advice on adding to visa application

CeeJayKav

Halo

We are expecting first week of November. I’ve applied for the 190 visa and I’ve had first contact after three months, I responded on the 25/09/18. My question is do I ask for the application to be put on hold so we can add the baby when she arrives or do we add the baby after if we get granted before delivery. I would prefer the least complicated way. If it’s best to put the application on hold please advice how this is done. Thanks u 

If you haven't done the medical check, then when they request this you can advise them that you're pregnant and ask that you complete the chest x-ray after the baby is born.  This then delays the application.  But if you've already provided them everything including the medical check, they won't put the visa on hold.  If the baby is born before the visa is granted, you can complete and upload form 1022 Change of Circumstances (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/i-have-lodged-my-visa-application-but-i-need-to-add-a-family-member-how-do-i-update-my-application).  If the visa is granted before you add your baby, you'd need to apply for a Child Visa since you cannot add dependents to the visa after it's granted.

• 5 weeks later...
On 01/10/2018 at 03:25, MaggieMay24 said:

If you haven't done the medical check, then when they request this you can advise them that you're pregnant and ask that you complete the chest x-ray after the baby is born.  This then delays the application.  But if you've already provided them everything including the medical check, they won't put the visa on hold.  If the baby is born before the visa is granted, you can complete and upload form 1022 Change of Circumstances (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/i-have-lodged-my-visa-application-but-i-need-to-add-a-family-member-how-do-i-update-my-application).  If the visa is granted before you add your baby, you'd need to apply for a Child Visa since you cannot add dependents to the visa after it's granted.

Thank you for the information. Just noted i had not responded.