Any visa option similar to the Work Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

Rampa

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a visa option similar to the work holiday visa. My Problem is that I cannot apply for the this visa as a South African. It is not listed as one of the countries eligible for the visa. What I want is something that will permit me to work AUS in for a short period of time (not a sponsored visa such as TSS). I have gone through all possible visa options and cannot find something suitable. Please help.

TIA

25 minutes ago, Rampa said:

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a visa option similar to the work holiday visa. My Problem is that I cannot apply for the this visa as a South African. It is not listed as one of the countries eligible for the visa. What I want is something that will permit me to work AUS in for a short period of time (not a sponsored visa such as TSS). I have gone through all possible visa options and cannot find something suitable. Please help.

TIA

There is no such visa for South African passport holders. 

You could consider a student visa. This will give you limited work rights, but will be quite expensive. Look up subclass 500 for more details.

• Like 1