SA 489 processing time

Anvita.b

25 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
3 hours ago, Jonno1981 said:
There is a silver lining, 489 visa processing times are back down to 9-12 months from 10-15.

Where did you see that please? I can can't find it on their website.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-

I've read somewhere that the 9 months quoted is worse case for 75% of applicants so there is a significant chance you may get processed much faster providing all your documents are present and correct.

I'm re-assessing whether it would be beneficial to front load police check/health assessment as the following link seems to suggest doing so will reduce processing time. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-/Subclass-489-document-checklist-invited-pathway "Use the following checklist to make sure your application is complete.  Lodging a complete application reduces processing times".

Edited by Jonno1981
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JetBlast said:

You need to enter Australia within 12 months of getting the document issued. So I will have a processing time of say 9 months and then I add on my 3 months notice period that uses up the full 12 months.

Ah ok I understand. We were planning on a vacation to activate the visa, then returning to Oz permanently once we have sold our house.

35 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I did think that, but it still will be tight for me.

I am thinking about submitting everything and then uploading the police check and medicals 2 months later. Will buy a little time.

My MA also confirmed it is possible to repeat the police/health checks if necessary, although this does add extra cost.