Pregnant whilst waiting on visa outcome

bluebird

Hi all,

i have been quietly looking at everyones helpful advice on this forum for some time and usually find the answers im looking for however i was hoping someone has the definitive answer for the below question.

We have recieved our invitation to apply for a subclass 190 visa through skill select and we know we now have 60 days to submitt our visa application. 

my wife may be pregnant (awaiting scan) and i am aware if she was to give birth early on in the application stage we can add on our new born to our visa app. However this is clearly not going to be the case as she is likely to give birth smack bang around the time the most applicants get their grants (according to the processing times).

so my question is can we request that our visa application is somehow delayed or put on hold until the birth of our child so we can then add him or her on to the visa app rather than risking obtaining the visa late in to the pregnancy and then being too late to travel to give birth in OZ? 

or is this not possible and we would have to apply for another seperate dependant visa for our new born on the back of our PR. This would significantly increase our time frame and cost.  

Any advice would be great.

cheers

On 19/09/2018 at 22:26, bluebird said:

Hi all,

i have been quietly looking at everyones helpful advice on this forum for some time and usually find the answers im looking for however i was hoping someone has the definitive answer for the below question.

We have recieved our invitation to apply for a subclass 190 visa through skill select and we know we now have 60 days to submitt our visa application. 

my wife may be pregnant (awaiting scan) and i am aware if she was to give birth early on in the application stage we can add on our new born to our visa app. However this is clearly not going to be the case as she is likely to give birth smack bang around the time the most applicants get their grants (according to the processing times).

so my question is can we request that our visa application is somehow delayed or put on hold until the birth of our child so we can then add him or her on to the visa app rather than risking obtaining the visa late in to the pregnancy and then being too late to travel to give birth in OZ? 

or is this not possible and we would have to apply for another seperate dependant visa for our new born on the back of our PR. This would significantly increase our time frame and cost.  

Any advice would be great.

cheers

You surely don't need to wait for a scan? A pregnancy test would tell you 

• Like 1