Any nurses with 70 points

Hi there

i have had an EOI in since December 2017 with 60 points for 189 and 65 for nsw 190. My points go up next week for work experience activating my 189 again with 65 points and bringing my nsw to 70 points. I have been feeling very unsure if I will ever get an invite does anyone in nursing have any idea if I’m likely to get invited any time soon after points go up. 

Thanks in advance 

Your 189 will probably go nowhere with current trend (despite Nurses being the #1 wanted occupation, the pure points approach means they are unlikely to be invited under 189, same with Teachers at #2 like me).

But you should be super attractive for state nomination as a Nurse, especially with experience. Also, hitting the 2 yr exp mark means you are probably eligible for most of the other states as well. I'd be surprised if you didn't get a state nomination.

• Thanks 1

I submitted my eoi the beginning of July (can’t remember the exact date) I got invited to submit my nomination 7th August. I submitted the nomination 17th August and invited to apply for my visa 20th August. My visa was submitted 4th September. I’m just waiting for a decision. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Pauline.

We applied for 190 visa via NSW with 65 points (that was including state sponsorship points). We logged our EOI at the beginning of May and received the invitation to submit our nomination on the 25th of May. We then received our fill invitation to apply on the 4th of June and we submitted our full visa application on the same day. We have had our visas granted on the 13th of September. My partner is a paediatric nurse, don't know if that makes much of a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Pauline.

We applied for 190 visa via NSW with 65 points (that was including state sponsorship points). We logged our EOI at the beginning of May and received the invitation to submit our nomination on the 25th of May. We then received our fill invitation to apply on the 4th of June and we submitted our full visa application on the same day. We have had our visas granted on the 13th of September. My partner is a paediatric nurse, don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Hi, sorry to jump in on your post. We also lodged our EOI in August for NSW with 65 points and had an invitation to apply for nomination within 10 days. We are now waiting for invitation to apply ( it’s been 3 weeks exactly) since we lodged for nomination. They say it’s around 6 weeks to get invited to apply but yours was super quick, 4 months in total, that’s brilliant! Hoping ours goes like that. My partner is a plumber so not sure if different occupations are different.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/09/2018 at 01:09, Pauline Mohammed said:

Thanks everyone for your reply 

i got message from skill select just confirming the increase in my points so will hopefully be soon. ? 

Hi Pauline, 

I got an invitation today for 189. I lodged my EOI 13 th August 2018 with 70 points. My occupation is Registered Nurse(nec). 

Hope you’ll get your invitation soon. 

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:
On 12/09/2018 at 05:00, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi there

i have had an EOI in since December 2017 with 60 points for 189 and 65 for nsw 190. My points go up next week for work experience activating my 189 again with 65 points and bringing my nsw to 70 points. I have been feeling very unsure if I will ever get an invite does anyone in nursing have any idea if I’m likely to get invited any time soon after points go up. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi paulina. 

We are on same boat. I applied NSW 190 with 65 points on Aug 28 2017 and updated to 70 points on AUG 28 2018 with 70 points. I am also waiting for the invitation.

The current trend shows that NSW is not interested on RN unless 75 points. 

Anyway keep updating. 

• Thanks 1