489 Nomination Application & EOI

JetBlast

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can clarify something for me please? If you apply for a 489 state nomination (in this case South Australia) and you're successful does the EOI change to "invited" automatically please?

Someone on here said this is the case. However I saw another post saying you still need to wait for an invite.

Can someone please assist?

Many Thanks

Hi JetBlast,

My understanding is that SA will email you directly to say they have decided to nominate you. They then have to accept your EOI which opens up the visa application - from what I've read this can be at the same time or a few days apart. You should recieve an email from skillselect at when you get invited.

I guess it depends whos processing them and how they work :)

please feel free to correct me if im wrong as im not 100% on this

• Like 1

Hi, I had an email from Queensland advising of my nomination invitation but my EOI still has no invitation from the DHA. My understanding is that the EOI will only change to 'invited' once the Department of Home Affairs offers an invitation following a successful nomination application. My question is how long does the nomination application take to go through? I was invited on the 4th September and have submitted my application last week but heard nothing. Its nail biting!!