Stage 2 spouse visa 309/100

Ianhughes

Hi everyone, newbie here

so just a quick explanation of what we are doing,

me and my partner (Aussie citizen) and son decided to move to Aus. I applied for the 309/100 visa which cost around $7000 I think. So my grant date was in mid July 2016, and we moved in January 2017 to cairns/North Queensland. So I have just passed the two year mark from when my visa was granted, and according to the immi website, it should be around the two year mark before I hear about the 2nd stage visa. I was just wondering because it’s nearly two months and I haven’t heard anything, and my account doesn’t seem to exist on the immi site. MyVEVO shows that I am onshore and my visa is indefinite. I was just wondering if it was worth my contacting them or do I just wait to hear?, it’s only because me and my partner want to make commitments, such as house and car etc and I just want confirmation.

thanks 

ian hughes 

1 hour ago, Ianhughes said:

Hi everyone, newbie here

me and my partner (Aussie citizen) and son decided to move to Aus. I applied for the 309/100 visa which cost around $7000 I think. So my grant date was in mid July 2016, and we moved in January 2017 to cairns/North Queensland. So I have just passed the two year mark from when my visa was granted, and according to the immi website, it should be around the two year mark before I hear about the 2nd stage visa. I was just wondering because it’s nearly two months and I haven’t heard anything, and my account doesn’t seem to exist on the immi site. MyVEVO shows that I am onshore and my visa is indefinite. I was just wondering if it was worth my contacting them or do I just wait to hear?, it’s only because me and my partner want to make commitments, such as house and car etc and I just want confirmation.

thanks 

ian hughes 

They no longer notify people when PR is due; the rules changed a year or so ago and it is now the applicant's responsibility.

You became eigible for PR 2 years after you lodged the application for the 309 (thats lodged, not granted). If you no longer have an Immiaccount you will need to create a new one and fill out the details required for the 100. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ianhughes said:

Hi everyone, newbie here

thanks 

ian hughes 

Immigration do not contact applicants anymore to process the second stage of Partner visas. It is up to you to initiate the process.