Moving to Sunshine Coast

newlife4us

whereabouts are you headed too and what could you do with knowing? gosh maroochydore has changed a lot, much bigger and busier then we were used to in the uk. we live further up the coast and it's beautiful. weather is stunning at the moment and flowers are starting to bloom. Evenings and mornings cold though!

I live on the Sunshine Coast. It's lovely, of course I'm going to say that! Where are you moving? Maroochydore is the hive of activity. Mooloolaba just down the road.

What schools are you trying to get into?

If you have any questions, need anything or just want a beer I'm always keen. 

Hello

Thanks for the replies, we are staying at kings beach Caloundra for 5 weeks as a base whilst we explore the area, we have quite a few visits to schools arranged, the school we would really like to visit is chancellor state in Sippy downs but they won’t allow school tours until you enrol. I’m a Construction Site Manager so will be looking for work . Where are you based? Any advice on the schools would be great and just general advice for when you first arrive, it’s quite daunting !!!

Cheers

20 hours ago, newlife4us said:

Hello

Thanks for the replies, we are staying at kings beach Caloundra for 5 weeks as a base whilst we explore the area, we have quite a few visits to schools arranged, the school we would really like to visit is chancellor state in Sippy downs but they won’t allow school tours until you enrol. I’m a Construction Site Manager so will be looking for work . Where are you based? Any advice on the schools would be great and just general advice for when you first arrive, it’s quite daunting !!!

Cheers

Lovely down there! Good choice. I assume you're sticking with state schools not private? I don't really know much about state schools other than to avoid Maroochydore High and that Mountain Creek State school has great feed back. There are plenty of building works going on at the moment so hopefully you'll find work reasonably quickly. Mooloolaba. But have a house in Woombye too. 

Hope all goes well! 

Hi 

thanks! Yes heard there is a lot of building work going on , hopefully will find some work quickly! What’s wrong with Maroochydore high then? Yes state system and heard mountain creek was quite good. We were going to stay in mooloolaba, looks very nice there and hope to visit.  

Hey there. We fly out to caloundra to start our new life there in 2 weeks! Me my husband and 2 small children 4 and 7 month old.
Have you been to the area before? Caloundra is lovely and nice beaches and the surrounding towns depends what you are looking for.
We do have my brothers there to stay at for a couple of weeks while we find a rental property then I’m hoping our container will turn up not long after that.
How old are your little ones?

Hey

How exciting! We fly out on Sunday and we have a holiday home for 5 weeks in Caloundra whilst we look around schools , secure job and rental. We haven’t been to Caloundra before but thought it was a great base to explore the area. We have two girls they are nearly 4 and 7 years. We have so much to still sort before we fly I Sunday and trying to clear the house out!
Where are you from ? Sounds like you are familiar with Caloundra!

Gosh yes we are just a week behind you. Did you send your house hold stuff over? We have been sitting on deck chairs and sleeping on air bed for a few weeks now. Can’t wait to sit on my sofa again. Haha.
Yeh we’ve been to caloundra and the area a few times with having family there. It’s also changed a lot over the years, lots more going on now. I never really hear a bad word about the area or surrounding areas so I’m sure you will like it. We are just trying to secure my husband a job I’m going back to work when my little girl starts school in jan. we are from Manchester region so caloundra will be a welcome shock to the system. Where are you guys from? You will have to let me know how u get on with schools. My brother has heard a lot of good things about unity college which is a private school but only costs around $3000 per annum. Nothing like the private school costs over here. Good luck. [emoji4]

Hi yes all our belonging went on the 30th July, we didn’t sent any furniture only the sofa, it hasn’t left yet it leaves apparently on the 27th... yes we are also sitting on garden chairs and managing on basics! We are from between Worcester and Birmingham a place called Bromsgrove. Yes I’ll let you know how we go with the schools, I have 6 school visits booked, the school we really like is chancellor state college but they won’t allow visits before enrolment but agreed to let us go into the school office to speak with them. There is so much to do and think if but little time! My daughter would of gone into year 2 in September but in Australia will repeat the rest of the year in year 1 but I would really like to get her settled into school before the long summer holiday. Good luck with the job situation and hopefully you can secure something before you go.

On 20/08/2018 at 06:50, newlife4us said:

Hi 

thanks! Yes heard there is a lot of building work going on , hopefully will find some work quickly! What’s wrong with Maroochydore high then? Yes state system and heard mountain creek was quite good. We were going to stay in mooloolaba, looks very nice there and hope to visit.  

Is he qualified in anything else, trade wise? Maroochydore High has a reputation for being a little bit useless. It unfortunately doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to the people who go there. That could just be me being snobby. We used to live on the canal in Mountain Creek and the school had not long been open and it had rave reviews from the get go. I have a mate who actually teaches there, he's not once moaned about it which is good. 

You'll love the Sunshine Coast, regardless of where you are. Again, if you need anything we're here! 

Is he qualified in anything else, trade wise? Maroochydore High has a reputation for being a little bit useless. It unfortunately doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to the people who go there. That could just be me being snobby. We used to live on the canal in Mountain Creek and the school had not long been open and it had rave reviews from the get go. I have a mate who actually teaches there, he's not once moaned about it which is good. 

You'll love the Sunshine Coast, regardless of where you are. Again, if you need anything we're here! 

Hi jack91. You live on the Sunshine Coast, where abouts? For how long? Any advice for newbies, we arrive on Monday, ?

Hi yes he’s a carpenter by trade  but is looking for site manager work, had an interview at hays recruiment yesterday . We are going to look at mountain creek school next week. We have looked at Meridan school which seemed nice but very big. Do you know much about Sippy Downs? They seem to be building lots of new houses everywhere , we were by harmony the other day. We came across our first spider last night! Huntsman we think, it was huge!! Maroochydore was very busy and like you say a lot going on there! The beaches are beautiful here, we went to Currimundi beach too and will be looking at the school there next week. So much to think about! If you know anywhere to look for cars that you could recommend that would be much appreciated ?

cheers 

On 01/09/2018 at 05:47, lisawhite123 said:

Hi jack91. You live on the Sunshine Coast, where abouts? For how long? Any advice for newbies, we arrive on Monday, ?

We've lived in Buderim, Mountain Creek, Mooloolaba and Woombye. 

Have you got a bank account set up? NAB do a migration account which was great. House lined up? You'll love it. Just don't stress! 

On 01/09/2018 at 10:04, newlife4us said:

Hi yes he’s a carpenter by trade  but is looking for site manager work, had an interview at hays recruiment yesterday . We are going to look at mountain creek school next week. We have looked at Meridan school which seemed nice but very big. Do you know much about Sippy Downs? They seem to be building lots of new houses everywhere , we were by harmony the other day. We came across our first spider last night! Huntsman we think, it was huge!! Maroochydore was very busy and like you say a lot going on there! The beaches are beautiful here, we went to Currimundi beach too and will be looking at the school there next week. So much to think about! If you know anywhere to look for cars that you could recommend that would be much appreciated ?

cheers 

Plenty of work for carpenters. Should be plenty of work for site managers too. Sippy Downs is lovely, Sienna private school is there, and there is a public school called Chancellor? I think... There are houses being built everywhere and anywhere currently. Haha Spiders aren't an issue, neither are snakes. Vary rarely seen. 

Australia is renowned for it's beaches so it won't disappoint where every you go! 

Any of the used car lots are fine. Cricks is a big dealer, as is Pacific. They're both on Wises Road.