190 visa moral obligation

swc132994

We were initially granted 190 visa to go to Victoria in 2014. However, the job market and the property market haven’t been great in Melbourne. We have now decided it would be better to go to Queensland as the houses are relatively cheaper as well as the job market for my skill is similar. Overall it would give us a better chance to survive the initial set-back.

I did email Victoria asking their permission to release us. However, I did not get any reply. I’m not sure whether they don’t usually reply on such emails or they are just extremely slow. They have always replied me fairly quickly in the past.

Does anyone have experience on going to a different state during the two year obligation period? We would go to Melbourne if the markets were not that tough but it does make sense for us to go to Queensland.

When we leave the UK for good do we have to fly to Melbourne as point of entry or can we fly to Brisbane directly?

Do people experience any problems later on?

Edited by swc132994

2 hours ago, swc132994 said:

We were initially granted 190 visa to go to Victoria in 2014. However, the job market and the property market haven’t been great in Melbourne. We have now decided it would be better to go to Queensland as the houses are relatively cheaper as well as the job market for my skill is similar. Overall it would give us a better chance to survive the initial set-back.

I did email Victoria asking their permission to release us. However, I did not get any reply. I’m not sure whether they don’t usually reply on such emails or they are just extremely slow. They have always replied me fairly quickly in the past.

Does anyone have experience on going to a different state during the two year obligation period? We would go to Melbourne if the markets were not that tough but it does make sense for us to go to Queensland.

When we leave the UK for good do we have to fly to Melbourne as point of entry or can we fly to Brisbane directly?

There's a few threads on this. Firstly, you probably won't get a reply from them and there is nothing to be 'released' from.

Your obligation is nothing more than a 'moral' one.

As far as I have read, the opinion on this forum indicates that you don't / won't have any issues after leaving a sponsoring state.

ATN

On 10/08/2018 at 06:36, swc132994 said:

Sounds like you are getting a bit of a plan together! Good for you. I’m no good with humidity/heat, but there are some lovely places up there. Lots of members live in Queensland so will be on hand if you need them for information. Good luck! ?

Sorry for the late reply, its been a busy week. 

I had a reply from the immigration office in Victoria. They said something along the lines of they expect me to stay in Victoria as I signed the declarations but at the same time they understand that finding work is key to surviving. 

We have the International movers coming this week to take a more detailed inventory. I am guessing its not going to be cheap. 

Also just had to send off for a 101 visa for my daughter as she came along after being granted being granted our 190 visa, again not cheap.