Sunshine Coast Schools

Guest kdal

Guest kdal

Hi Everyone

Trying to think where to settle once we land in Brisbane, and feel we have to base it around something it could be where the work is, but who knows where that is going to be at the moment!!

So for now thought we would base it around a good School for the boys. Just so that this narrows things down for us abit.

Ok the boys are 14 and 16 years old they will be 15 and 17 in October/November this year.

Has anyone got any information on good schools on the Sunshine Coast, it doesnt matter for now which area but just to help us find a base.

Ones to avoid could be good to if you dont want them on here just pm me :yes:

Thank you for any help

Kim & Family x

Guest yvonne & paul

We live in Mountain Creek and were told that the best state school to get the kids into is Mountain Creek. Ours are only in the Primary but friends have thers in the High school and all have good reports. There is also the Grammer and Mathews Flinders which are both fee paying schools. The school are alot bigger here but we have no complaints and if anything I would say they have proved better for our kids and I thought I would never say that as the school we came from was a lovley smaller school that was very personal and friendly, so to gibe Mountain Creek the thumbs up is a real compliment. Good Luck\

Yvonne

PS you will find that if the school says you have to live in the area then it will be a good school as others will take kids from anywhere.

Guest kdal

Hi Yvonne, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will look at the schools website.

Kim:cool:

• 1 month later...
Guest natma1

Hiya it's me....

we spoke before an Essex meeting, but unfortuneatly we had to leave before you arrived, so we missed each other.

Just a note to say that after all te house hunting and area researches we have finally chosen Mountain Creek...it is lovely and only 10 mins from Mooloolaba and 15 mins from Marochydore.

Harry will be going to Mounain Creek State....the junior and senior schools are directly opposite each other. If you need any help when you arrive just call on us, you have helped me out with advice before coming over, now it's my turn to return the favour. Kindest regards, Natalie....

PS can't wait till you arrive in December.....PPS you are more than welcome over for Christmas Dinner :o)

Hi!

I can only comment on Mountain Creek Primary as I spent a day there last summer to get a taste of teaching in oz. The staff and children were all lovely. It's very big in comparison to the size of our primary schools but class sizes were still smaller than uk classes. We are definately considering Mountain Creek as an area we'd like to move to and I'd happily send Ruby to this school.

x x x

Hiya Natalie

Sorry we missed you at the Essex Meet, not sure if it was a day when the boys had their Karate gradings. Is your daughter happy and settled now?

Was it relatively easy to get Harrison into school? Natalie hope you dont mind me asking but MrsC who logs onto PIO is due to arrive in September her daughter would like to continue with her hairdressing, I know your daughter wanted to be a hairdresser is she going to TAFE ? If so is there a cost?

I've finally pinned areas down to abt 3 places at the moment, so as soon as we arrive we will have to get our backsides into gear and check them out. Would love to meet up with you Ile PM you.

Enjoy life Hugz Kimxx

Hi Jo, That puts faith into the school thank you for your message. I like the fact the class sizes are smaller than the UK, how many children would you say there was to a class ?

Hi Jo, That puts faith into the school thank you for your message. I like the fact the class sizes are smaller than the UK, how many children would you say there was to a class ?

Hi! :wubclub:

I'd say the class size probably low 20's - the teacher was shocked when I said I have 34 in my class in the UK.

I know I only had a snap shot at the school but I got positive vibes!

Jo x x x

Archived