Australian Visa with Diabetes

Christopher Steptoe

I know people who have got PR visa's with type one diabetes.  If you have a medical, supply as much information as you can so they don't ask for further tests.  Albeit a fair few years ago, we were told for our medical if we had any condition/illnesses/investigations to supply the following information:

What the condition/illness is.  How long you've had it.  Treatment/investigations and prognosis.  I took copies of letters from my consultant (i'd had renal investigations) and my son's paediatrician (also renal investigations) who highlighted the information.  Stated that nothing had been detected and no further interventions were needed.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Christopher Steptoe said:

Hi hope this can be answered

Im looking to start my Visa process very soon, my wife is Australian and the kids have dual..I'm type 1 diabetic controlled and slight hypertension controlled!! We are going to be mortgage free when we get a place , will the medical issue have a hindrance on me.

Many thanks

My medical took slightly longer as I'm hyperthyroid and associated hypertension, both controlled by meds. I took a letter from my GP and my latest endocrinology results so they had them on file, and I passed my medical no issue.  The panel doc said there shouldn't be any issues as I had provided more than enough info to ally any concerns or unknowns. 

• Thanks 1