HELP PLEASE - TRAINING IN A FIELD FOR VISA

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me in order to help my visa situation.

So, its a long shot I know.. but I'm currently trying to work out a way of getting to Sydney - long term move, I've fallen in love with the place and I'm now looking at making the move early next year.

The only thing I'm struggling with (like most of you) is my visa.

I was eligible for a 457 before all of the changes under employer sponsorship, however as we all know, its all changed now and my job has been removed from the TSS visa list - which has broke my heart - along with the fact that its no longer a direct path from temporary visa to PR.

My background is in Real Estate - Selling new build property in the UK, which I've done for around 5 years or so. I've since taken a bit of a career break to do some travelling and I'm now looking for something that I can train in, relatively quickly in order to assist me with my move down under.

I was looking into becoming a barber, however I'm unsure of the requirements - should I get the NVQ in the UK - and was wondering whether any of you have any advise regarding this?

Also, if you know of anything else which could help me.. In any industry, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Thank you for all your help..

D

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @POMMYDANNY I’m just about to log off and get some well needed beauty sleep but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. 

I wonder if a franchise would work in realestate?

Hi Pom Queen,

Thanks for your comment.

I forgot to add, because I worked for developers in the U.K - I planned on doing the same in Sydney, however they’re used to sponsoring trades but not sales people - and now, my job has been removed from the list - so any hope of guiding them through the process and gaining sponsorship from them has pretty much disappeared. 

Thsts why I’m now looking at alternative options to make my dream of moving come true.

There isn't anything that is going that quick. Probably the quickest are some of the occupations that don't need post qualification experience such as nursing and accounting. For being a barber, you would need NVQ 3 which is likely to take at least 2 years, probably 3 and then 3 years post qualification experience. 

Thanks for your reply VeryStomy, I can actually do the NVQ3 in 12 weeks - I can already cut hair, I just don’t have the qualification to back it up. 

Nursing was actually something that I was considering, however I’m only able to study part time as I’m working.. so that would take years for me to complete unfortunately.

I’ll continue to look at other options. 

Thanks again for your response.

Lots of visa's require you have a few years working in that occupations 'after' you have qualified, so it may take a little longer than you think. Dont be put off though. it just gives you more planning time and time to save up some funds to get you started.

Cal x