You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Beffers

Tourist Visa with Criminal Past?

Someone I know wants to come to Australia for a holiday. But they have a substantial criminal record from years ago and so it's an automatic fail on the character test. However, I also know that they (Immigration) also take into account good behaviour since, and positive character references and the like. So, do they need a migration agent or an Immigration Lawyer to help them put the application together? Any advise much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

If it is a substantial record, then yes, I would get help from an agent

15 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

If it is a substantial record, then yes, I would get help from an agent

Yep it is substantial as in multiple custodials over a ten year period and then nothing for the past 30+ years (they're in their 50s now). Thanks. Are any of the agents on here experienced in criminality/character issues, do you know?

309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Any of the regular agents that post on here should be good

• Like 1