Shipping back to the UK

Robe

Yes you do. You have to have been outside the UK for 12 months I think for it to be required. There is a useful thread as a sticky on this site. Have all your docs uploaded and ready to go as you cannot save and exit the form. It’s a HMRC form so a bit of a pain but takes about 20 mins. 

The thread on here is from when it first came out so it has changed a bit since then. Make sure your attachments are low res, very limited attachment size allowed. When you submit it you should get an instant response saying they have received it, if you don’t then your attachments are probably too big.

Good luck. It’s a pain but if you sit down with all your info to hand and then shut the door on distractions you can get it done. If you are shipping an animal remember to put “live animal” in the subject line (I didn’t and had to go chasing them and resubmitting). I arrived back in the UK 29th June and it was fine with getting the cat in. My stuff is due early august, see how that goes.?

• 1 year later...

Hi Robe.   I'm in the process of moving back to the UK too.  The TOR1 form was fairly straightforward: just have to make sure you have everything you need as you can't save as you go. 

Whilst on this thread,  can anyone recommend a shipping agent going from Perth to Kent area of UK.   I'm liaising with Grace Removals at the moment,  but they are mucking me about.   Thanks.  

10 hours ago, Linda C said:

Hi Robe.   I'm in the process of moving back to the UK too.  The TOR1 form was fairly straightforward: just have to make sure you have everything you need as you can't save as you go. 

Whilst on this thread,  can anyone recommend a shipping agent going from Perth to Kent area of UK.   I'm liaising with Grace Removals at the moment,  but they are mucking me about.   Thanks.  

When we moved from Perth last year to the UK we used KENT Removals.

This was the only company that appeared to know what they were talking about, kept the appointment and were extremely organised.

On packing and uplift day, it went like clockwork, we were very impressed with the quality of their service. And their price was one  cheapest quotes too.

Good luck with your move.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Linda C said:

Thanks for that AliQ.  I have spoken to Linda at Kent earlier in the year but will need to get an updated quote.  This is all so stressful!   Glad your move went well and I hope you've settled back in the UK and are happy?  

Hi Linda, thank you, yes we're happy and thoroughly enjoying our time back here in the UK, however, doubt we will stay long term though.

For us, day to day life in Australia is a better option.

just a note to people moving from AUS to the UK  to inform the electoral roll that you are leaving the country ( if you might think of coming back in the future)

I had a QLD drivers licenses and when i came back to AUS after a few years in the UK i tried to transfer my drivers licenses back to Aussie, just to find out that my expired Aussie license was suspended for Non-Voting and not paying the fines ( when i was out of the country ), not hard to fix but quite awkward at the licensing center been told you are not  allowed to drive on any license and they informed the police ...... and even after they re-instated it i had issues with car insurance .