Rentals in Sydney suburbs

Guest alelewzak

Guest alelewzak

In the next 5 weeks we will moving to Sydney for my husband to start work in Greenacre. We are looking for a house to rent commutable to Greenacre with a 15-20 minute drive. Have heard the Hills district could take upto an hour at peak times - so would South be better? North Rocks or Carlingford how far are they. We have 3 boys so a good area for them is needed too! Help.

• 6 years later...

Hello! I have no idea if you are still even in oz but my husband has just landed a job in Greenacre. Looking to come out April. Have accom provided for 6 months but then have to sort out. I have a 3 year old boy and I'm pregnant! Going through a tough time right now emotionally :-(. Praying this is the right decision! Would love to hear from you! Rachael (Manchester)

In the next 5 weeks we will moving to Sydney for my husband to start work in Greenacre. We are looking for a house to rent commutable to Greenacre with a 15-20 minute drive. Have heard the Hills district could take upto an hour at peak times - so would South be better? North Rocks or Carlingford how far are they. We have 3 boys so a good area for them is needed too! Help.

Padstow/Revesby/Panania/East Hills area would fit your preferred commuting time. My brother lives at Picnic Point, just south of Revesby. You could look at Strathfield South/Belfield too. I used to live at South Strathfield and it's a reasonably quiet suburb.

If you could stretch to a 30-35 minute commute you could consider Sutherland Shire. It is a lovely area with good schools and is really family friendly. You do get a bit more for your money down here too.

ETA: Menai, Illawong and Alfords Point would be pretty much within your commute time, it is just other areas of Sutherland Shire which would be a little longer.

Archived