Skills select EOI not giving me 10 points for vetassess qualification

On 22/03/2019 at 16:09, Marisawright said:

The solution to that problem is to pay an agent to check your application and give you professional advice.  If you've already done a fair bit of the preparatory work and just want advice rather than asking them to do the whole application, you'll find some agents that will charge you a reduced fee.

These forums can be really useful for general info, but when it comes to detailed stuff like this, it's taking a big risk to rely on answers in a forum.  If you're willing to risk your visa fee, go right ahead, but personally I wouldn't.

My understanding of it is that the skills assessment assessed you as having sufficient skills due to work experience to perform the occupation.  They considered 8-years experience equivalent to the learning you would have received at a training college.  However, the 8-years does not equate to a degree/diploma for points purposes.  If you want to claim points for education you have to provide evidence of that education.  So the RPL bridged a gap of a requirement for a degree/diploma, which allows you to apply for the visa, but it does not allow you to claim any education experience.  Your work experience for points will also only start after the deduction of those 8 years.  So if you have 10 years work experience, only 2 years will be eligible for points.  I could however be wrong and as others have suggested, it might be worth it to get an agent to give you professional advice so you aren't leaving points on the table, or even worse, over claiming points you aren't entitled to.

If the ACS deducted 8 years then they did not recognise any qualification you might have have held as relevant, so 10 points for a qualification recognised by an assessing authority is not available.

A vendor qualification would have got you the 10 points and less work experience deducted.

Aside:

A qualification, assessed as comparable to an Australian degree in ANY discipline attracts 15 points.

• Like 1