Skills select EOI not giving me 10 points for vetassess qualification

Can anyone help please? I have just submitted an expression of interest for which I should have 60 points but for some reason I have not been awarded 10 points for skills after passing vetassess carpenter joiner assessment. I may have incorrectly filled in the form. Any help greatly appreciated  thanks in advance 

13 minutes ago, Bryson67 said:

Can anyone help please? I have just submitted an expression of interest for which I should have 60 points but for some reason I have not been awarded 10 points for skills after passing vetassess carpenter joiner assessment. I may have incorrectly filled in the form. Any help greatly appreciated  thanks in advance 

Where and how did u find out u have not awarded 10 points .. which state did u apply for ??? When did u apply !??

If you are referring to the section that says -

An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation. 

Then this refers to 10 points for your Uk trade qualification that is confirmed by your skills assessment (VETASSESS). You will not receive 10 for your UK qualification as well as 10 for your skills assessment.

Guest Nakney
20 hours ago, Bryson67 said:

None, because the next page asks about a skills assessment? Im a time served joiner so have no formal qualification except now the skills assessment 

Hi Bryson,

I also don’t have a uk qualification for my trade but when I passed the vetassess assessment I was issued with the Australian equivalent qualification so this is what gets the ten points. The actual certificate was sent to my agent through the post and arrived a couple of weeks after the result showed as successful on vetassess. Best to give vetassess a call and check that you have been awarded the Australian qualification. They have a uk number available 7am to 11am and are very helpful.

Not solved yet woody I will keep you posted. I am almost certain it is because I have filled in the EOI incorrectly. Thanks nakney I have passed but nothing received in the post as yet and the outcome letter via pdf I cannot access, I've emailed vetassess about that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Bryson,
I also don’t have a uk qualification for my trade but when I passed the vetassess assessment I was issued with the Australian equivalent qualification so this is what gets the ten points. The actual certificate was sent to my agent through the post and arrived a couple of weeks after the result showed as successful on vetassess. Best to give vetassess a call and check that you have been awarded the Australian qualification. They have a uk number available 7am to 11am and are very helpful.

This is interesting. Is this because you are a trade?

The ACS took off 8 years of my husbands employment history as they don’t recognise his industry qualifications. So experience between 1999 & 2007 was removed as only 2007 onwards is classed as skilled experience but he wasn’t issued with an Australian equivalent qualification in order for him to claim 10 points.

Vetassess denoted my employment as skilled but don’t recognise my industry qualification even though the Australian Governing Body for my industry (Swimming) does! very confused ??‍♀️

For 10 points:

met the requirements for the award of a diploma by an Australian
educational institution

met the requirements for the award of a trade qualification by an
Australian educational institution

attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing
authority for the applicant's nominated skilled occupation as being
suitable for the occupation

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, i am interested in this topic as I have lots of queries. I am working as a handy-man here in Australia since 2 years and i would like to register here as electronics equipment trades worker as most of my work duties is related to the duties of this occupation.

Can i get 5 points from this experience?

• 7 months later...
On 10/07/2018 at 04:14, wrussell said:

For 10 points:

met the requirements for the award of a diploma by an Australian
educational institution

met the requirements for the award of a trade qualification by an
Australian educational institution

attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing
authority for the applicant's nominated skilled occupation as being
suitable for the occupation

@wrussell

This is still a very confusing topic. I still can't get a proper answer from the ACS assessing authority or any MARA agent on this point. I've never completed my diploma, so I did the RPL skill assessment through ACS. It came back positive, but no mention of any AQF level. 8 years of my experience was used for the RPL on the nominated occupation. Does this mean that I can get 10 points under this qualification section? If I can't, why would they take 8 years of my experience and recognise the RPL skill assessment (recognition of prior learning) for my occupation? Surely the reason for an RPL is to assess experience and award qualification?

The ACS RPL skill assessment report came back with the following:

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code."
"The following employment after June 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code."

Please can someone shed some light here? If I can or can't claim 10 points with a valid reason. The last thing I want to do is claim for points, pay for the visa and get declined due to invalid points claimed :-(

17 minutes ago, MorriesZA said:

Please can someone shed some light here? If I can or can't claim 10 points with a valid reason. The last thing I want to do is claim for points, pay for the visa and get declined due to invalid points claimed 😞

The solution to that problem is to pay an agent to check your application and give you professional advice.  If you've already done a fair bit of the preparatory work and just want advice rather than asking them to do the whole application, you'll find some agents that will charge you a reduced fee.

These forums can be really useful for general info, but when it comes to detailed stuff like this, it's taking a big risk to rely on answers in a forum.  If you're willing to risk your visa fee, go right ahead, but personally I wouldn't.

Edited by Marisawright

6 hours ago, MorriesZA said:

@wrussell

This is still a very confusing topic. I still can't get a proper answer from the ACS assessing authority or any MARA agent on this point. I've never completed my diploma, so I did the RPL skill assessment through ACS. It came back positive, but no mention of any AQF level. 8 years of my experience was used for the RPL on the nominated occupation. Does this mean that I can get 10 points under this qualification section? If I can't, why would they take 8 years of my experience and recognise the RPL skill assessment (recognition of prior learning) for my occupation? Surely the reason for an RPL is to assess experience and award qualification?

The ACS RPL skill assessment report came back with the following:

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code."
"The following employment after June 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code."

Please can someone shed some light here? If I can or can't claim 10 points with a valid reason. The last thing I want to do is claim for points, pay for the visa and get declined due to invalid points claimed 😞

Hey mate, I did my RPL from vetassess as a Chef. In my case Vetassess issued me Cert 4 with my Skill assessment. I  could have claim points with that, but already have higher qualification. I don't know if ACS issue something like that?