is Five year RRV possible

AnnetteV

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I moved to Brisbane 1 May 2016 and was here until early January this year 18, where I left for England for five months due to my Australian partner's work there. I'm on a skilled visa and my travel facility is running out end of September this year. So I have not been here for two years, only 1 year and 7 months more or less. I'm back in Brisbane and would love to apply for a five year RRV and then go back to be with my partner in England but I'm not sure how likely it is I will get a five year RRV. 

Has anybody else been in the same situation?

Many thanks. 

9 hours ago, AnnetteV said:

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I moved to Brisbane 1 May 2016 and was here until early January this year 18, where I left for England for five months due to my Australian partner's work there. I'm on a skilled visa and my travel facility is running out end of September this year. So I have not been here for two years, only 1 year and 7 months more or less. I'm back in Brisbane and would love to apply for a five year RRV and then go back to be with my partner in England but I'm not sure how likely it is I will get a five year RRV. 

Has anybody else been in the same situation?

Many thanks. 

You will not get a 5 year RRV if you do not meet the 2 year residency requirement. Provided you demonstrate significant ties to Australia, you would get a one year RRV. Be aware that these types of RRV are taking around three months to process, so I would apply soon.

On 12/06/2018 at 18:47, paulhand said:

You will not get a 5 year RRV if you do not meet the 2 year residency requirement. Provided you demonstrate significant ties to Australia, you would get a one year RRV. Be aware that these types of RRV are taking around three months to process, so I would apply soon.

Hi Paul

So do you think I shall apply now because the waiting time will take me to having met the two year requirement? I know there is no sure answer.