and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

AnnetteV

is Five year RRV possible

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I moved to Brisbane 1 May 2016 and was here until early January this year 18, where I left for England for five months due to my Australian partner's work there. I'm on a skilled visa and my travel facility is running out end of September this year. So I have not been here for two years, only 1 year and 7 months more or less. I'm back in Brisbane and would love to apply for a five year RRV and then go back to be with my partner in England but I'm not sure how likely it is I will get a five year RRV. 

Has anybody else been in the same situation?

Many thanks. 

9 hours ago, AnnetteV said:

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I moved to Brisbane 1 May 2016 and was here until early January this year 18, where I left for England for five months due to my Australian partner's work there. I'm on a skilled visa and my travel facility is running out end of September this year. So I have not been here for two years, only 1 year and 7 months more or less. I'm back in Brisbane and would love to apply for a five year RRV and then go back to be with my partner in England but I'm not sure how likely it is I will get a five year RRV. 

Has anybody else been in the same situation?

Many thanks. 

You will not get a 5 year RRV if you do not meet the 2 year residency requirement. Provided you demonstrate significant ties to Australia, you would get a one year RRV. Be aware that these types of RRV are taking around three months to process, so I would apply soon.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

On 12/06/2018 at 18:47, paulhand said:

You will not get a 5 year RRV if you do not meet the 2 year residency requirement. Provided you demonstrate significant ties to Australia, you would get a one year RRV. Be aware that these types of RRV are taking around three months to process, so I would apply soon.

Hi Paul

So do you think I shall apply now because the waiting time will take me to having met the two year requirement? I know there is no sure answer.

No - the two year requirement needs to be met at the time of application. All I was saying is that processing times have increased significantly and if you want your new RRV to kick in before the skilled visa expires you are cutting it fine. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

Hi Paul

Many thanks for clarifying that. I will do my best to stay here for another five months so I can apply for a five year RRV. I do work here again so easier to stay.