Front loading 190?

Im sire this has been asked a thousand times before, but with cirrent waiting times in mind would front loading be worth while? We have receoved our NSW190 skillsselect invite to apply amd we are planning on submitting visa application in the next coupke of weeks. 

I've completed the online health assessment but havent booked medicals or the police checks. 

Is it worth dping them now or will it make much of a difference waiting until our CO asks for them. If its a case of a 2 month so delay then thats fine, but if it would delay 6 months or more is my question? 

Hey, we just got our 190. Some people on here advised against front loading the documents in case it takes nearly 12 months to decide the case and then you have little time to make the first entry to Australia (as it’ll be 12 months from the date of your medical or police checks). I guess it depends if you think that’s likely or not. Currently they are processing 75% if applications in 6 months.

We didn’t front load, but as soon as we submitted our application a tab became available asking us to complete the medicals, so we did that straight away. 

Case officer contacted us three months after we submitted to ask for police certificates. We did them st that point then waiting another 1.5 months for our grant. No big deal for us. Though in retrospect I would probably just have done the police certificates earlier on and I think we’d have got a direct grant in April. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, justme said:

Hey, we just got our 190. Some people on here advised against front loading the documents in case it takes nearly 12 months to decide the case and then you have little time to make the first entry to Australia (as it’ll be 12 months from the date of your medical or police checks). I guess it depends if you think that’s likely or not. Currently they are processing 75% if applications in 6 months.

We didn’t front load, but as soon as we submitted our application a tab became available asking us to complete the medicals, so we did that straight away. 

Case officer contacted us three months after we submitted to ask for police certificates. We did them st that point then waiting another 1.5 months for our grant. No big deal for us. Though in retrospect I would probably just have done the police certificates earlier on and I think we’d have got a direct grant in April. 

Justme thank you! When they say you have 12 months to enter Australia after medicals or police checks, that can just be a holiday right? We dont actually have to move there within that time?  We were hoping to have a scouting trip for a few weeks to check out some places to live.

Also, once requested, is there a time scale that you have to submit medicals and police checks once asked? 

I would advise against doing them before asked. It gives no benefit - it doesn't speed things up, but cuts your options and can be disastrous. The department will not care if you get a grant on day 364 of your 12 months from medical. It isn't their issue, so, in which case you would probably fail to make first entry and visa cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/06/2018 at 20:16, justme said:

Yes you have 28 days to submit documents once asked. 

You just need to make your first entry to Australia by the date they give you, so a holiday would be fine to activate the visa. 

Hi Justme,

im in middle of applying for a skilled migration visa inder the same qualification as you, a construction project manager, i have 65 points aswel if i got for state sponshorship, im currently working on my Cv for the skills assessment and i was wondering if there was any specfic information you put into your cv for it to get passed, as my friend send his construction manager cv off and it got knocked back for not having information for a construction manager, 

im not sure now about sending my Cv in as i dont know if it is missing vital information. Do you have any tips for what to include in my CV before i submit it?

Hi Piscin

Good luck with your skills assessment. I was just honest on my CV about my previous jobs and described what my roles and duties were. Perhaps your friend was knocked back because his role or duties didn’t match what they consider a construction project manager to do? You need to make sure that what you do matches up with their description of the duties. You can find this online under the occupation code. 

To be honest I don’t think the CV was the main part of the skills application though. It was 1.5 years ago that I applied so I can’t remember all the details, but I had to fill in all job descriptions on the application and also have letters from my previous employers describing my role and responsibilities. 

Good luck!