Investor Visa Subclass 188b

Hi all,
We submitted medicals and PCC monday, and received comments this morning. It stated they are not in a position to finalise the application due to current processing priorities and restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their final note was “Rest assured, as soon as I am able, I will finalise the application”.

Does that mean you have a yes from them for the visa

1 hour ago, Jay. said:

Does that mean you have a yes from them for the visa

Hi Jay,

Good question 😏 don’t know really.  We are seeing it as positive.  But until the grant of the visa, we will keep the champagne on ice.  

• Like 1

Hi Jay,
Good question [emoji57] don’t know really.  We are seeing it as positive.  But until the grant of the visa, we will keep the champagne on ice.  

In here in UK the medical opening on 1st June after that we see what happens

Hi All,

Just for interest sake, I have found this doc many moons ago.  It somewhat explains why some applications will take longer than others depending on the state to which was applied.  Each state gets only a number of places.  Vic being the highest, with the highest number of applications as well.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa190100048-document-released.PDF

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AYL said:

Hi, All, from homeaffair website, there are new statistic report about 188, it show the number of visa lodge and granted and refused, but the total of visa lodge does not equal to visa granted and refused. 

fa-200100669-document-released.PDF

Yes. Numbers are per fiscal year. But waiting time is between 1.5 and 2 years, so the ones lodged 2018 are processed in 2020. 

3together, thank you for your explanation. I planned to apply Queensland, but the statistic report provided by RSkea, the unsuccessful rate is higher for Queensland than Vic, isn't it? Do i misunderstand the report? Thanks

8 hours ago, AYL said:

3together, thank you for your explanation. I planned to apply Queensland, but the statistic report provided by RSkea, the unsuccessful rate is higher for Queensland than Vic, isn't it? Do i misunderstand the report? Thanks

I do not think that there is anything related to the state regarding the unsuccess rates. As soon as you have a sponsoring from the state, the central immigration center (Adelaite  for all other countries or HongKong for China) will process your application. Therefore, there is no more decision taken by the states, only by the immigration centers. So you should not consider these rate by state. Choose the state where you want to live. For the next visa 888 you have to apply again at state level and prove you are happily integrated in the community. 🙂 

On 26/05/2020 at 09:33, AYL said:

Noted and thank you very much, 3together

NZ is free of Corona, Australia plans to be free of Corona in July. This might let them go to step 3 or their opening plan. In step 3 they will consider international student to return to Australia, so this could open the boarders for temorary visa holders. 188B is a temporary visa. 

Anybody has any news from their application and processing? 

15 minutes ago, 3together said:

NZ is free of Corona, Australia plans to be free of Corona in July. This might let them go to step 3 or their opening plan. In step 3 they will consider international student to return to Australia, so this could open the boarders for temorary visa holders. 188B is a temporary visa. 

Not yet , still waiting 

22 minutes ago, 3together said:

Unfortunately, no news till date.

• 2 weeks later...

The borders in Australia are supposed to be closed till end of 2020 for tourist. But the minister Simon Birmingham said, that for international students, business and investors the borders should open earlier. I think that are relatively good news for our visa class. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-17/borders-likely-closed-until-next-year-coronavirus-restrictions/12365978

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...