Investor Visa Subclass 188b

4 minutes ago, Jay. said:

This is the second time doing the medical and police check also there ask for a statement how I manage my business and where the one point five is coming from . Once I send all these in 28 days then after I meet the requirements then another 70 days to put money in I think another 4 months for the visa

I think this requirement is for 188B applicants 

5 minutes ago, Jay. said:

This is the second time doing the medical and police check also there ask for a statement how I manage my business and where the one point five is coming from . Once I send all these in 28 days then after I meet the requirements then another 70 days to put money in I think another 4 months for the visa

Was your first medical more than 18 month ago?

10 hours ago, Jay. said:

is ur application status changed on immi account after u received email from immigration as our is showing initial assessment 

On 27/04/2020 at 21:03, Jay. said:

As I understand, the medical is valid 12 month and the case officer can prolong it up to 18 month. So if the medical is older than 18, you need to do it again. What I do not understand is, that they tell you to do the medical withhin 28 days after you application. Knowing the processing time is +20 month. This way you must do the medical twice. Why they do not inform you to do the medical after 12 month of the waiting time? And could a new applicant just wait and do the medical after 6 month istead of 28 days? Would his have any effect on the processing time? At least it would save them the 2nd medical test. 

As I understand, the medical is valid 12 month and the case officer can prolong it up to 18 month. So if the medical is older than 18, you need to do it again. What I do not understand is, that they tell you to do the medical withhin 28 days after you application. Knowing the processing time is +20 month. This way you must do the medical twice. Why they do not inform you to do the medical after 12 month of the waiting time? And could a new applicant just wait and do the medical after 6 month istead of 28 days? Would his have any effect on the processing time? At least it would save them the 2nd medical test. 

Wasted my money for second time now

9 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Hi all,

Did anyone knows when will the travel restrictions clear?

I read in other forum that it will last for other three or four months.

Updates you will find here: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/

Right now we all cannot enter Australia. And there is no timeline when they will change it. At least, they started to loosen the travel restrictions withhin Australian states. A good sign, but I suppose, that the travel restrictions for us will still last a few month. 

I also heard in news about travel restrictions may be continue for at least two months more , mainly all news channels are busy in high lightening the bad relationship between China and Australia. I think it will be better for other countrie’s applicants regarding immigration , plz give ur opinion

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Just a quick question for visa 188 for the 1.5 million do we invest from the 3 million that we have shown to NSW or can the funds come from elsewhere?

I think from the source that you have shown in ur application 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2020 at 09:16, Rishi@18 said:

I also heard in news about travel restrictions may be continue for at least two months more , mainly all news channels are busy in high lightening the bad relationship between China and Australia. I think it will be better for other countrie’s applicants regarding immigration , plz give ur opinion

Hm, if you ask for my opinion, I do not think this will make any difference. I think in Australia is the principle of equal rights. So how they would argue that they give preference to applicants of other countries? They would need a "medical reason" to do so. But China is officially more or less free of Covid19. So Australia could ease up the travel restrictions for China before Europe, USA and other countries. So it might be the oposit. China applicants can travel before others, so they get the visa granted earlier than others. Even if the media is negativ about China, it is still a hugh economic factor for Australia - students, exports ... And economic support is needed in most economies these days. 

On 03/05/2020 at 10:16, Rishi@18 said:

2 hours ago, 3together said:

Hm, if you ask for my opinion, I do not think this will make any difference. I think in Australia is the principle of equal rights. So how they would argue that they give preference to applicants of other countries? They would need a "medical reason" to do so. But China is officially more or less free of Covid19. So Australia could ease up the travel restrictions for China before Europe, USA and other countries. So it might be the oposit. China applicants can travel before others, so they get the visa granted earlier than others. Even if the media is negativ about China, it is still a hugh economic factor for Australia - students, exports ... And economic support is needed in most economies these days. 

Totally agree with 3together

• Thanks 1

On 04/05/2020 at 20:58, Jay. said:

Just a quick question for visa 188 for the 1.5 million do we invest from the 3 million that we have shown to NSW or can the funds come from elsewhere?

As a Registered Migration Agent, I advise my clients to submit a new SALP if they wish to use funds other than those originally nominated. This is not unusual and I would suspect in light of Covid-19, there would be quote a few applicants wishing to do this where they have the means. If you do not do this, and use a different source of funds, you run the risk of the visa not being granted as you need to show the paper trail using the funds nominated to make the designated investment. 

I hope this helps.

MARN 1804671

Edited by Steve Elliott
Typo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Elliott said:

As a Registered Migration Agent, I advise my clients to submit a new SALP if they wish to use funds other than those originally nominated. This is not unusual and I would suspect in light of Covid-19, there would be quote a few applicants wishing to do this where they have the means. If you do not do this, and use a different source of funds, you run the risk of the visa not being granted as you need to show the paper trail using the funds nominated to make the designated investment. 

I hope this helps.

MARN 1804671

Can you use sources which were quired after the application date? For example, your company is an asset in the SALP. And the company generates, after application date, an earn out. Can this earn out be used without a new SALP? Just with a proof of the earn out documentation. 

On 07/05/2020 at 04:13, 3together said:

Can you use sources which were quired after the application date? For example, your company is an asset in the SALP. And the company generates, after application date, an earn out. Can this earn out be used without a new SALP? Just with a proof of the earn out documentation. 

I would need further info but if the earn-out is derived from the asset already on the SALP, I would not see a problem with that as long as it is sufficiently documented. From th limited information the company is an existing asset, not a new one.

On 27/04/2020 at 16:27, Jay. said:

Hi I received some information today the Immgration wants the medical and the police our visa is on final stage I applied on 20/09/18

Hi Jay,

it has been now 2 weeks since you recived news. How is your status? Anything else they asked for? Any updates?