Investor Visa Subclass 188b

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 06:02, Jalphonse said:

Hi TiMoniSam,

Thank you for sharing your experience in great detail. I have shared my case details on this thread, so please look it up for your reference. Myself and my spouse have applied to VIC, 13 months ago and still waiting. Will keep you posted of any developments. My assessment is it will take anywhere between 16-18 months from date of filing to actual grant of the visa. 

Thanks for your feedback. That was us. We are still actively waiting for any activity in our visa account. We are waiting since Nov. 2018, so more or less 10 month. Maybe another 6 to go to get a first sign of activity. 

On 14/09/2019 at 11:29, Jalphonse said:

Thanks, I will wait until grant though to uncork the bubbly 🙂

My best wishes to all 188b applicants on this forum  

So in total it took you about 16 month. 14.5 waiting and 1.5 processing. That is promising for all still in the queue. Our visa page still quotes 20-22 month in average, based on global processing times. 

Welcome. From UK you are more lucky, as we from Germany. I suppose you do not need a documents translated :-). Good luck with your application. 
Regarding your question. I got the information that you are only allowed to use money from the assets you submitted in the application. i.e. you did a list of 2.25m AUD including specific property, you can use this assets only. But you can re-morgage instead of selling. You must prove the sources the investment of 1.5m. You are granted the visa only after you did the investment. IMM will tell you the date until you have to make the investment and enter Australia 1st time. It should be something between 6-9 month. To prove the additional 0.75m AUD (for personal use), which you need to transfer to Australia, you will have up to 2 years. 
Actually, we already started to sell some assets and put them cash on an bank account in Australia so we do not get suck in case we get the visa need to sell property at a wrong market time. 

On 17/09/2019 at 02:34, yymm said:

Sorry, I have one question about applying 188B visa, is it a must to have an experience on gaining AUD1.5M profit from my investments ? Is it one of the criteria on apply this visa?

Thanks a lot.

I think you do not have to prove exactly AUD1.5M of your investments. It is more like this:

Based on our immi agent it is a multi step they check. First of all, you have to prove you own AUD2.25M for the last two years. Actually, you have to prove it for 3 dates like 27.09.2019, 27.09.2018, 27.09.2017. So you need detailed documentation, valuations etc. for this specific dates. But you can choose the date, which should not be more than 3 month before your application date. 

Then you have to prove it, that you earned the money legally. Usually, this is based on your investments. Be aware, the investments you are putting in the form are the ones you need to use to make the designated investment. So you cannot use any other assets, than the ones you put in the form. Of course, you do not have to earned the money withhin the last few years. Or you can prove it is from a legacy, lottery, you job etc. 

Besides proving your financials, you need to prove that you manage the assets. Like you actually run your business, or you manage the renting of the real estates etc. pp. 

For us it was quite complex, as it was based on company, real estate etc. A lot of paperwork, especially for the company. I was happy to have a migration agent to lead me through the process and check the paperwork before turning it in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Manrug, TiMoniSam, Asif Sheikh, 3Together,

I just received the grant today! Yay!

It took me close to 18 months from application to grant.

My best wishes to all of you waiting for your turn.

I will checking this forum periodically, so if you have any questions and/or need any guidance I will be glad to help in whatever way I can.

All the best,

J

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 2

Relax and go to school. There may also be stipulation of transferring A$ 2.25 (incl. 1.5 m) million into Oz.

After 4 years when you apply for permanent visa you still have to show that you are going to do some sort of business/investment.

Dear Jalphonse,

that is magificent. Congratulations. I suppose you are very excited now to move to Australia soon. So you did the investement of AUD 1.5m already. I tried to get some information on what investments they allow you to do, but never found a usefull answer to this. Is it only 1 specific state bond or do they give you options? What are the conditions like interest etc. on the investment? 

I did a request of information on 188(B). If I understand the numbers right, the processing times in gerneral are shorter in Adelaite as in HK. There is no big change over the time, even as the numbers of applications increased a lot.

So I think most of us will get a first response after 14-16 month and a final answer between 17-20 month. 

Good luck to all of you. Hope to meet you down under. 

https://www.righttoknow.org.au/request/5577/response/16110/attach/4/FA 190801029 DOCUMENT RELEASED.pdf

FA 190801029 DOCUMENT RELEASED.pdf

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:44, 3together said:

I think you do not have to prove exactly AUD1.5M of your investments. It is more like this:

Based on our immi agent it is a multi step they check. First of all, you have to prove you own AUD2.25M for the last two years. Actually, you have to prove it for 3 dates like 27.09.2019, 27.09.2018, 27.09.2017. So you need detailed documentation, valuations etc. for this specific dates. But you can choose the date, which should not be more than 3 month before your application date. 

Then you have to prove it, that you earned the money legally. Usually, this is based on your investments. Be aware, the investments you are putting in the form are the ones you need to use to make the designated investment. So you cannot use any other assets, than the ones you put in the form. Of course, you do not have to earned the money withhin the last few years. Or you can prove it is from a legacy, lottery, you job etc. 

Besides proving your financials, you need to prove that you manage the assets. Like you actually run your business, or you manage the renting of the real estates etc. pp. 

For us it was quite complex, as it was based on company, real estate etc. A lot of paperwork, especially for the company. I was happy to have a migration agent to lead me through the process and check the paperwork before turning it in. 

Really thanks for our great help, I am now still under the process of gathering all the documents. And here are my questions:

1) Will Immigration Dept. check the details about my source of fund of AUD2.25M asset, for example, will they check it in details? for example: among the AUD2.25m, AUD1M is from legacy, AUD1M is from Salary, AUD0.25M is the profit from selling real estate, do I need to show all the transaction evidences(as we need to trace back all the statements more than a decades....or  how to show my salary contributed to my Asset)?  Or I can write a declaration to declare that the source of fund is based on Legacy, Salary and Investments is ok enough?

2) For the Point Test, regarding to the Point for "Investment Experience", how to prove that I have 4years investment experiences? If I am going to apply the visa in Jan 2020, is it correct that I should provide the Investment e-statements on 31 Dec of 2016,2017,2018,2019? If the amount is more that AUS10K in these e-statements(4 fiscal year), it can prove that I have 4 years investment experiences?

3) Is it all the e-statements must be on the same date(in my case is 31 Dec)? Can they accept 2 or 3 days difference?

4) Since you are using an immi agent, do you still need to make a statement on how to manage your business/investments or how can you make a successful business/investments..etc?

Sorry for so many questions....As it is really difficult to find such kind of information .....