309/100 - Evidence of a de facto relationship

Hi all,

My partner (Australian) and I have been together 3 and a half years, co-habiting for 2, so would certainly be considered in a de facto relationship. However, checking the various homeaffairs.gov pages about the 309/100 visa, I've seen that we have to provide 'proof that our relationship is genuine and continuing' and separately proof that we are in a de facto relationship. The lists of things required for each cross over at many different points and we would use various documents to prove both things, however the homeaffairs.gov website advises against uploading duplicate documents (can't tell if this is advice regarding upload limits).

Should we just provide documents to prove these things, despite the fact that we'll be uploading the same documents like bills etc. for each?

Can anyone also clarify if I can start my application just so we can see the categories under which certain things come under, or will it time out/look bad if we take a while completing it? I realise that uploaded documents get deleted after 30 days, so we won't upload anything until we're ready to submit, but I just want to have a poke around!

Hope this makes sense.

Jack