Electrician: How to get started

Samy

Hie guys,  new to the forum. I need some info on how my brother can get started with the 189/190 electrician general visa. He has over 10years experience. So I need to know more about the step by step process, especially the TRA skills assessment, what's required and what to do/ what not to do in order to obtain a positive assessment based on your experience. I have also read on something about Vetasses here, if anyone can enlighten me. So basically a migrating for dummies guide is what I'm looking for. Thanks

First step would be to call the down under centre in London. That's where the UK skills assessments are held. They will give the best advice and guidance for all the requirements. I did mine there as well as many others on here. They will send you the pack to get you started and will answer any questions you have along the way.

42 minutes ago, woody2709 said:

Also consider other visa options instead of 189/190 as it's getting very difficult and competitive in those categories

Still a lot easier and more secure than trying to find an employer to give you temporary sponsorship though

Before you spend any money doing an English test or a Skill Assessment, you should speak with a couple of reputable Registered Migration Agents to determine if you are eligible, and which visa options are available to you. Many agents offer a free assessment.

The skill assessment through VETASSESS  involves a technical interview via Skype and then a practical assessment. Both can be done in a number a venues throughout the UK, including London, Lancashire and Scotland. All of the information can be found here - www.vetassess.com.au. If you choose to do the application yourself, you can apply directly though VETASSESS, attending any of the assessing centres throughout the UK for the technical and practical tests.