Partner Visa 309/100

Good Afternoon, Im new to the forum. Ive been with my partner 4yrs, we have a 2yr old daughter together & recently got married.

He is a permenant resident in Oz, but moved back here 3yrs ago, long distance relationship lol. We have known each other over 26yrs! We have decided to move to Oz asap.

We have the money to apply for the visa for myself & 3 children (I have 2 from a previous relationship & their Dad is happy for me to take them) We will be applying at the end of this month (May) Ideally I would like to move before September as my oldest is due to start High School.

What are the chances of being able to do that? 

What is a rough turnaround time?

Im keen to get everything sent asap so we can start to plan the move.

Any help & advise will be greatly appreciated

Thankyou 

Zoe 

It could well come through by then.

Keep in mind the school year runs differently here. It’s Jan-Dec and also depending on her age, your daughter may go into primary school before going up to high school.

I’d not stress about the school aspect as the move can only happen when it can happen. And it’s a whole new education system to contend with once here. So go with the flow and just move when you can. School will find its place as and when then. 

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I know about Australia school yrs, Im just concerned about her starting high school here, which is a bit scary to an 11 yr old & then having to start a new school in a new country, with the possibility of then starting high school again! Shes excited about school in Oz & even if shes only there a few weeks, she will have a fw new friends so wont have to be entirely on her own at a high school xx

17 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I know about Australia school yrs, Im just concerned about her starting high school here, which is a bit scary to an 11 yr old & then having to start a new school in a new country, with the possibility of then starting high school again! Shes excited about school in Oz & even if shes only there a few weeks, she will have a fw new friends so wont have to be entirely on her own at a high school xx

My daughter started HS in the September in the UK and we moved to Aus in the January.  At that point - year 7 here was the last year of Primary (since changed), and she says she never minded as it gave her some time to adjust without a lot of pressure - she'd made the 'big move' so to speak already from Primary to HS and it did give the added bonus of her feeling as if she knew the ropes when she started HS here.

We did ask the principle if there was someone in the school who wanted to be a pen-pal (well internet pal) before we came over (if the parent agreed), someone volunteered and she felt as if she knew people before she got here.