Psychology 189 Visa

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding my psychology qualifications.

Firstly I understand I’ll get 15 points for my BSc (Hons) in Psychology as “A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard”.

Would I also get a further 10 points for my MSc in Forensic Psychology as an “award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation” ? 

If so, it would be the difference between 65 and 75 points on my application.

Secondly has anyone had any experience of having their assessment done by the APS and do you know how many years of Australian study a BSc (Hons) and an MSc masters equate to? I need the equivalent of 6 years of Australian study to qualify.

Many thanks in advance! :)

• Like 1

Hi, as the previous poster said, I thought you can only claim for your highest degree. 

I have recently had my qualifications assessed as equivalent to 6 years of Australian study by the APS. That included BSc Psychology, MSc Forensic Psychology and Doctorate in Clin Psych. You may need to complete some of the transitional programme in Aus to become fully registered. For more info look up AHPRA registration.