paradise point

Guest scottandkay

Guest scottandkay

hi

does anyone know anything about paradise point on the gold coast, whether it is a good area and schools etc? and also what the cafe/bar life is like around that area?

thanks

Kay

Hi Kay, Paradise Point is just up the road from us, and is a very nice area. There's a swimming area which has a shark net on the Broadwater, so is great for swimming, especially for young kids. The park on the front has just been renovated, and there are free family events held there, including an open air opera concert a couple of months ago. The main strip along the front has a few cafes, estate agents and little shops, but it's not brilliant for bars. It's quite a quiet area, so would depend on the ages of your kids; teenagers may get bored. I think you would be in the catchment area for Coombabah Primary and Coombabah High school. Don't know too much about either, but they are both in good areas, and have never heard anything bad. There's also St Francis Xavier Catholic school in Runaway Bay.

Runaway Bay, Biggera Waters and Coombabah may also be good for you to look at, as a bit more there, and closer to schools, shops etc. Biggera Waters Primary is supposed to be very good.

Jo x

Guest scottandkay

hi jo

thanks for that info, do you know which out of those areas you suggested would be better for a very bored husband that likes to go out on friday nights for a drink or meal? we live in narangba at the moment and are bored silly, having moved from perth few months ago. it doesnt need to be a really lively area just to have a couple of bars/ restauarants nearby and some 'life' really!!!

thanks

kay

None really! Rich goes out in The Grand Hotel in Labrador, which is 10 minutes or so away from us, and gets busier. Southport is a bit busier if you're going out at night (supposedly). Helensvale has a couple of taverns, a bowls clubs and isn't too bad. It's mainly just taverns, spread out across the 'burbs though. Let us know if you head down this way, cos I've got a bored husband too!

Jo x

Guest scottandkay

hi jo

thanks, i will certainly let you know if we come down, he is thinking about returning to perth, mainly because he is so bored, but i am thinking its more the beach/ surfy life we are missing not actually perth, so i thought coming to the gold coast might be the answer. i have to agree narangba although beautiful just does not feel like australia to me and yes it is very quiet and boring!!! as long as there are a few different taverns that is fine, we have kids so our nightclubbing days have passed really! here there is only one tavern and everyone in the community goes there, teachers fromkids school everything and it is really dull in there. i think we may come down for a weekend and have a look around. thanks for the advice.

kay

Archived