Immigration advice

Tomi

Hello all,I am a female dentist from west Africa(Nigeria) who wish to migrate to Australia with my husband and a son .I have just 3 yrs working experience and am 33yrs.I need an advice on the category of visa under which i can lodge my application,my chances and probably an agent that can help me push my application.Thanks..

10 hours ago, Tomi said:

Hello all,I am a female dentist from west Africa(Nigeria) who wish to migrate to Australia with my husband and a son .I have just 3 yrs working experience and am 33yrs.I need an advice on the category of visa under which i can lodge my application,my chances and probably an agent that can help me push my application.Thanks..

The mandatory pre-migration skills assessment for dentists is demanding and expensive and the visa opportunities are extremely limited.

At current rates you would have to budget at least AUD25000 to get visas in your hands.

Have a look at this:

https://www.adc.org.au/Practitioner-Assessments/Dentist-Assessments

and calculate your budget, including a temporary visa  to travel to Australia and undertake the clinical examination.

@wrussell thanks for your reply.is there no possibility of migration before the assessment like apply for the federal skill program? I understand one has to pass the board assesment to practice but any hope of moving in first before writing the exam? 

58 minutes ago, Tomi said:

@wrussell thanks for your reply.is there no possibility of migration before the assessment like apply for the federal skill program? I understand one has to pass the board assesment to practice but any hope of moving in first before writing the exam? 

No.  Immigration needs to assess your skills before they decide whether you are eligible. 

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I know Australia dental council will need to evaluate my degree before immigration.Guess I didnt have enough info to this regard.I thought the exams in Australia will be to get a practicing licence and not necessarily for immigration.Thanks for the input

1 hour ago, Tomi said:
4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I know Australia dental council will need to evaluate my degree before immigration.Guess I didnt have enough info to this regard.I thought the exams in Australia will be to get a practicing licence and not necessarily for immigration.Thanks for the input

I don't know the detail for dentists, but for most occupations there are two different assessments:  the first one, required by Immigration, to decide whether you're eligible. The second one, once you have your visa, to be allowed to practice in Australia.

hi there, im a dentist from India and applied for 489 visa. Most of the people dont have much information regarding dentists.Its not necessary to clear the exam for immigration purpose but only to practice dentistry. But getting your degree assessed is most important. Get a good score in PTE and get your degree assessed from your dental council after that you can apply for a temporary visa as our occupation is in the STSOL. I got state nomination approved from Queensland and applied for the visa in March. Im preparing for the preliminary exam as well. Still waiting for the visa though.... 

14 hours ago, Adaa said:

hi there, im a dentist from India and applied for 489 visa. Most of the people dont have much information regarding dentists.Its not necessary to clear the exam for immigration purpose but only to practice dentistry. But getting your degree assessed is most important. Get a good score in PTE and get your degree assessed from your dental council after that you can apply for a temporary visa as our occupation is in the STSOL. I got state nomination approved from Queensland and applied for the visa in March. Im preparing for the preliminary exam as well. Still waiting for the visa though.... 

Thanks for your  contribution,I will look up the 489.

Archived