Desperate Waiting... :(

Hi everyone,

After being a silent reader for a while, I do want to share my frustrating visa story with you and seek kindest advice:

Both of my 186 TRT nomination and visa application were lodged on April 13th, 2017. (My nominated occupation: 'Conference and Event Organiser')

On September 7th, 2017, two officers from Immigration Department visited my company to conduct an interview with me and have a quick chat with my boss too, which went quite well. They also told me that my application was on the way to be decided, which would be finalised within two to three months or even shorter.

HOWEVER, there have been no updates from the Department since then. And the application status in ImmiAccount still shows 'Received'. I have been waiting for my application to be finalised for nearly 13 months.

My MA helped me to send an e-mail to the Department in November 2017, and, surprisingly, the reply said 'my application is not yet allocated to the case officer'! But how come I was selected to be interviewed if my case is still untouched yet? My MA sent another enquiry e-mail last week, and received no response yet.

I recently called up the Department, and was told that 'my case is still under process'. However, the ImmiAccount status still shows 'Received'.

Is there anyone in the forum encountering similar situation like mine? Anyone got interviewed by the Department after lodging your 186 TRT application?

Any reply or comment is highly appreciated! And I do wish each one of you can receive your PR very soon!!!

Thanks in advance!

Hilary 

Hi everyone,
After being a silent reader for a while, I do want to share my frustrating visa story with you and seek kindest advice:
Both of my 186 TRT nomination and visa application were lodged on April 13th, 2017. (My nominated occupation: 'Conference and Event Organiser')
On September 7th, 2017, two officers from Immigration Department visited my company to conduct an interview with me and have a quick chat with my boss too, which went quite well. They also told me that my application was on the way to be decided, which would be finalised within two to three months or even shorter.
HOWEVER, there have been no updates from the Department since then. And the application status in ImmiAccount still shows 'Received'. I have been waiting for my application to be finalised for nearly 13 months.
My MA helped me to send an e-mail to the Department in November 2017, and, surprisingly, the reply said 'my application is not yet allocated to the case officer'! But how come I was selected to be interviewed if my case is still untouched yet? My MA sent another enquiry e-mail last week, and received no response yet.
I recently called up the Department, and was told that 'my case is still under process'. However, the ImmiAccount status still shows 'Received'.
Is there anyone in the forum encountering similar situation like mine? Anyone got interviewed by the Department after lodging your 186 TRT application?
Any reply or comment is highly appreciated! And I do wish each one of you can receive your PR very soon!!!
Thanks in advance!
Hilary 

I am almost in similar situation.
Applied visa + nomination on - 11/5/17
File opened on 19/10/17- asked for PCC
Submitted same day
Called business on 22/11/17 - I answered she ask for boss I said he is not available. May I know what is it about? She said I am from immigration and can’t discuss it with me. I said ok (she didn’t know who I am as I didn’t mention my name). Then she said can I please ask you one thing??? I said yes. She said Is someone by this ....name works at your clinic ? I said yes. She said thanks and hung up. Then she straight away called my employer.
After that she requested more docs
22/11/17- salary and super statements for both employer and me and notice of assessment for me, etc
Submitted on 6/12/17- in a sequence, highlighted and organised manner
But nothing heard since then
Called them thrice- they said my file looks good and they are waiting for nomination approval.
My MA emailed once - replied the file is under processing and you will be contacted if any further docs required.
No news since then and that’s what frustrating me.....they ask for docs -people submit - they sometimes open in a week and finalise
And here I am waiting from 5 months and have no clue what is happening with my file.....hope we all get it soon.
It was my decision to come to Australia and 3 more lives struck with me hanging between visas from last 7.5 years. But I still strongly believe that I made the right decision and no hurdles in life can break me....stay strong and positive

On 03/05/2018 at 20:09, KD31 said:

I am almost in similar situation.
Applied visa + nomination on - 11/5/17
File opened on 19/10/17- asked for PCC
Submitted same day
Called business on 22/11/17 - I answered she ask for boss I said he is not available. May I know what is it about? She said I am from immigration and can’t discuss it with me. I said ok (she didn’t know who I am as I didn’t mention my name). Then she said can I please ask you one thing??? I said yes. She said Is someone by this ....name works at your clinic ? I said yes. She said thanks and hung up. Then she straight away called my employer.
After that she requested more docs
22/11/17- salary and super statements for both employer and me and notice of assessment for me, etc
Submitted on 6/12/17- in a sequence, highlighted and organised manner
But nothing heard since then
Called them thrice- they said my file looks good and they are waiting for nomination approval.
My MA emailed once - replied the file is under processing and you will be contacted if any further docs required.
No news since then and that’s what frustrating me.....they ask for docs -people submit - they sometimes open in a week and finalise
And here I am waiting from 5 months and have no clue what is happening with my file.....hope we all get it soon.
It was my decision to come to Australia and 3 more lives struck with me hanging between visas from last 7.5 years. But I still strongly believe that I made the right decision and no hurdles in life can break me....stay strong and positive

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing your story with me and your positive words as well!

I do believe you are in a situation better than mine...coz at least the Department asked you for further documents after speaking to your employer.

But my side’s just terribly quiet! No one contacted me for anything after the interview being conducted 8 months ago!

My MA kinda congrated me after knowing that the Department officers had visited me to talk about my application. Based on their past experience, the application normally could be finalised within 2 weeks after an interview. But now no one understands why the waiting is like taking FOREVER...