Waiting time after immigration ask for medical and police checks 820 visa?

Wiganer

Hi people,

I'm new to this form and was wondering what the wait time is after immigration ask for medical checks and police checks? My agent said it would usually be a matter of a few weeks after submission? Anyone shed some light on this situation would be great, thanks in advance

It's been 12months since lodgement ofy evidence and I went for my medical and sorted my police checks about 6weeks ago. The agent was fairly confident of a quick turn around? Just wondering what people waited to hear back on their visas?

820, so onshore :) 

Sorry Wiganer, waiting to hear from Immi myself - interesting to see you've been waiting for 12 months, means I should expect many more months of waiting! xD

I had always assumed the grant came shortly after request for the medical/police checks (mine came after a month when I applied for 300 - mind you that was offshore). Hopefully not long to wait for you!

26 minutes ago, Wiganer said:

Is that from date of application or from when I get issued a case officer and they ask for my police and medical checks??

Its from when you lodge. 

So going from that I'll be required to do my medical again as that is only good for 12months? Is the process nearing the end when a case officer asks for them or will it be another 12months before a decision will be made?

20 minutes ago, Wiganer said:

So going from that I'll be required to do my medical again as that is only good for 12months? Is the process nearing the end when a case officer asks for them or will it be another 12months before a decision will be made?

Yes, you will need to do them again. Wait until they are asked for. Normally, when they are asked for, it is a good sign the process is near the end. 

Its really hard to know or say tbh. On shore wait times have blown out a lot and 18 months to 2 years seems to be usual. Longer even in some cases. 

A CO will let you know if you need to undertake another medical. 

TBH you cannot do anything apart from wait. It is what it is. You are in Aus and have a visa that allows you to remain and work don't you? 

Just now, Wiganer said:

So why would the case officer ask for the medicals so soon before the granting of the visaeaning I'd have to do the medical all over again? It makes no sense what so ever

As I said, its out of your control and it is what it is. No one can say with certainty when your visa will be granted. You just have to wait, same as everyone else. Don't compare timelines as everyone is different and what happens for one might not be the same for someone else.

You've undertaken your medical and police check. Done. Unless asked to provide them again, don't worry about it. 

42 minutes ago, Wiganer said:

Out of curiosity are you a migration agent?

None of us who have replied in the thread are migration agents. I replied going out from what I've been reading on this forum re wait times. Its impossible to know when you'll get a grant. No one can tell you that. You have applied, done medical and police check etc and can now only wait. There really isn't much else to say tbh. 

No. I didn’t think on shore was a decent option for us. We planned ahead and allowed time for the off shore application to process and visa to be granted before we moved over. 

I put in my application on Dec 1st, they requested my police checks and medical in late Feb and I received the visa this week. Bupa sent my results over on 5th April, so it was granted just under a month after them receiving the requested docs. I applied onshore and didn't use an agent. 

Edited by Gooseontheloose

• 10 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:53, Wiganer said:

Hi people,

I'm new to this form and was wondering what the wait time is after immigration ask for medical checks and police checks? My agent said it would usually be a matter of a few weeks after submission? Anyone shed some light on this situation would be great, thanks in advance

Hi!

I just wondered how long did it take for your visa to be granted after you uploading medicals/Police checks in the end?

Thanks

Lucy