Adding baby to visa application

CeeJayKav

Halo everyone. I am submitting my 190 visa application end on the month however I've just found out i am 2 months pregnant. I've read that a baby can be added before a decision is made however i am wondering if a decision is made before i have the baby would it be difficult to apply for the baby and the process of doing this. Does any have a rough idea of processing times for 190 visa? Worried about this now. 

Have you already had your medical? If not you won't be able to have the X-ray whilst pregnant so they should put your application on hold until your child is born, when you and baby can have the medical. I believe it is free to add your baby at this stage. From what I've read this is fairly straight forward but a bit of a lenghty process. If they make a decision before you have the baby then I think it is called a Child Visa 101(?) which you have to pay for. I am no expert though so happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable. Congratuations on your pregnancy :)

congratulations!

i asked my agent this is we are trying for a baby while waiting for an invite etc.. He said exactly what Sarah has said, if before medical this will be put on hold until baby has been born. If after medical you can either plan to have the baby in Oz or apply for a child visa 

good luck with you pregnancy X

On 4/9/2018 at 14:50, SarahL said:

Have you already had your medical? If not you won't be able to have the X-ray whilst pregnant so they should put your application on hold until your child is born, when you and baby can have the medical. I believe it is free to add your baby at this stage. From what I've read this is fairly straight forward but a bit of a lenghty process. If they make a decision before you have the baby then I think it is called a Child Visa 101(?) which you have to pay for. I am no expert though so happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable. Congratuations on your pregnancy :)

Thank u Sarah, got mixed feelings got a 10 month baby so now dreading moving with two babies :/. Have not even submitted the visa form yet planning to do so end of the month. So when they request the medicals then i request for the application to be on hold? I have a 190 invite and hope i dont miss the opportunity to apply

On 4/10/2018 at 19:32, Vicky87 said:

congratulations!

i asked my agent this is we are trying for a baby while waiting for an invite etc.. He said exactly what Sarah has said, if before medical this will be put on hold until baby has been born. If after medical you can either plan to have the baby in Oz or apply for a child visa 

good luck with you pregnancy X

Thank u Vicky, too late for me had not done the medicals yet. Do you know if they will continue with other stuff required for the application then put on hold for medicals? 

when i discussed it with my agent he said to let them know as soon as we know so they can tell the case officer. I am not sure whether you should communicate this now or keep quiet, complete the paperwork and invite as normal and let them know in a month or so. I would definitely continue with the invite though, is there an option to email/add a note? 

from my understanding they continue processing everything as per usual but your visa will go on hold from when they request the medical.. X

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 18:49, Vicky87 said:

when i discussed it with my agent he said to let them know as soon as we know so they can tell the case officer. I am not sure whether you should communicate this now or keep quiet, complete the paperwork and invite as normal and let them know in a month or so. I would definitely continue with the invite though, is there an option to email/add a note? 

from my understanding they continue processing everything as per usual but your visa will go on hold from when they request the medical.. X

Thank u for the advice, will continue with the application. Perhaps on the additional information section i can add this on.