Housing bubble

Guest nastasia

Guest nastasia

I have been reading articles on housing bubble softening recently but now I no longer hear about it nor am I seeing housing prices going down. Has there been any softening ?

I have been reading articles on housing bubble softening recently but now I no longer hear about it nor am I seeing housing prices going down. Has there been any softening ?

I haven’t seen any in Sydney, houses are still selling quickly and for very high sums where I live.

• 3 months later...

I sold last March and don't settle until September, I have been going to open homes on/off for the last year just to see what the place was like and what it sold for as really my hands are tied as all the funds are held in trust.  I have noticed that there are definitely not as many parties coming through open houses where as last year the average house in my area would be on the market 1 weekend before there was an offer most houses are now 2-3 weekends.  The prices have more or less stopped increasing late last year but haven't really came back much at all, I was chatting to an estate agent and he says the prices are still steady as there not as much stock about this year compared to last year.  Luckily we will be house sitting the in-laws place for a few months while they enjoy their beach property now they are retired give us some time to find the right place for us.

• Like 1