APHRA help!

Luciew

7 hours ago, Luciew said:

aphra or 189 visa first, 

section A on aphra says i need my visa but my worry is once aphra is approved is there a time limit to having to get to Australia to validate ?

thank you 

Hi, you have 3 months to validate AHPRA in person at one of their offices once approval in principle is given. No exceptions as far as I have heard. For the visa you need to validate it within 12 months from the date of police check or medicals, whichever is later ( not the date of visa approval). You have 5 years to move permanently to Australia from that same date, ( pretty sure).

I’m no expert but this is my understanding.

From your other posts your mind sounds as though it is going a million miles an hour, have you thought of speaking with an agent to get some solid advice and a plan?

Not being rude but the current process is so poxy, IMO, that maybe some professional help might give you some focus. 

All the best with your plans! :)

Its up to you which one you apply for first. I applied for AHPRA registration first, as it was important for me to know I would have registration before I applied for a 189 or 190 visa.  By applying for AHPRA registration first, it did mean I had to take a trip to Australia and present in person (I went with a tourist visa).

6 hours ago, Luciew said:

thank you, does it mean your APHRA isnt valid until you validate in australia ?

Yep! Basically they've accepted you and considered your application complete, but you've only submitted ID by post (probably), So they want to see your lovely face in person in the flesh in one of their offices. Which is basically what it says on their webpage here:-

Presenting in person

In-principle approval may be granted to applicants who have applied from overseas and have provided only the minimum evidence of identity with their application. These applicants are required to come in person to any AHPRA office with their proof of identity documents for an ID check. If the Certificates of Registration Status (CORS) / Certificates of Good Standing (COGS) or International Criminal History Checks provided with the application have expired a statutory declaration may need to be completed. 

Edited by LeeH